RCCL Credit Card Points

erros

I transfer 5000 points for $50 OBC on my June 15, 2018 cruise and it is not showing up on the RCCL website. I want to use it to pre-book shore excursions. Should it be there? I used the OBC I got when booking the cruise with not problem.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe this OBC does not show up until around day two of your cruise. So you can't use it to book shore excursions before the cruise. I never tried calling royal and explaining this and maybe you can do it that way.

I transfer 5000 points for $50 OBC on my June 15, 2018 cruise and it is not showing up on the RCCL website. I want to use it to pre-book shore excursions. Should it be there? I used the OBC I got when booking the cruise with not problem.

They process the redemptions in order of sailing date, so depending on their backlog, it could be months before you see the Visa points OBC.

They process the redemptions in order of sailing date, so depending on their backlog, it could be months before you see the Visa points OBC.

How will you know if your OBC from Visa has been applied to your account? Will you get an email or anything? I cashed some in recently for a cruise in January but want to make sure its there, even if I can't use it now

How will you know if your OBC from Visa has been applied to your account? Will you get an email or anything? I cashed some in recently for a cruise in January but want to make sure its there, even if I can't use it now

You can call the redemption people at 888-305-4626.

Ok thanks. I guess I'll print out the receipt of cashing in the points just in case

Always bring the receipt with you. On two occasions the OBC didn’t show up. I went down to the Loyalty Ambassador and he straighten it out. It does not always show up before the 2nd day.

Thanks for the replys. I was told by Royal I could use them before the cruise for shore ex but I believe that was incorrect.

You can use OBC from Visa points before the cruise, but they have to be posted to your booking first.

Thanks for the replies. I was told by Royal I could use them before the cruise for shore ex but I believe that was incorrect.

You can use OBC from Visa points before the cruise, but they have to be posted to your booking first.

And that is one way to see that the OBC has been applied - when it shows up in your Cruise Planner.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe this OBC does not show up until around day two of your cruise. So you can't use it to book shore excursions before the cruise. I never tried calling royal and explaining this and maybe you can do it that way.

I applied 10K points to our December 10 Oasis. They showed up in my cruise planner about 6 weeks later. That was about a month before sailing

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We did a transfer and it showed up on our reservation about 2 weeks later.

Do you lose these OBCs if you don't spend them or are they paid out at the end of the cruise?

Any OBC given to you by RCI is always used first for purchases, as you won't get back any unused portion. If you add your own OBC from your Visa or other ways to your sea pass, any unused portion will be automatically refunded the way that you added it; back to your Visa, another credit card, or possibly cash. At least, this has been our experience!:cool: We never use all of our OBC and have had no problems with refunds.

Edited by SilkySal
add

We use our RCI Visa as a cash-back card. Apply points as OBC, then cash out on the last day of the cruise. Just go to guest services for cash, no charge. I have cashed out as much as $200, but I wouldn't expect they could handle much higher amounts. That would have to go back to the card.