Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

Just returned from our Mediterranean Odyssey on the Viking Star, have to say our tour of Rome with Italy Tours was one of the highlights of our cruise!  We had 8 people in our group (one full van).  The driver picked us up at the port at the specified time in a Mercedes van and we were off to the Colossuem.  There we were met by a fantastic local guide who gave us an in depth tour of the Colosseum and surrounding sites.  She had a large notebook full of illustrations that helped give us an idea of life in ancient Rome.  Afterwards we were met once again by the driver, who took us to several other points of interest around the city in addition to a bit of free time.  It was a fascinating and full day, and we got more than our money's worth in my opinion.  I'm so glad we decided to do this instead of the shore excursion offered by the cruise line, and would not hesitate to book them again.  Plus when we got home, I had a 'thank you' email with a request for feedback.  Great company!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, K9pal said:

Just returned from our Mediterranean Odyssey on the Viking Star, have to say our tour of Rome with Italy Tours was one of the highlights of our cruise!  We had 8 people in our group (one full van).  The driver picked us up at the port at the specified time in a Mercedes van and we were off to the Colossuem.  There we were met by a fantastic local guide who gave us an in depth tour of the Colosseum and surrounding sites.  She had a large notebook full of illustrations that helped give us an idea of life in ancient Rome.  Afterwards we were met once again by the driver, who took us to several other points of interest around the city in addition to a bit of free time.  It was a fascinating and full day, and we got more than our money's worth in my opinion.  I'm so glad we decided to do this instead of the shore excursion offered by the cruise line, and would not hesitate to book them again.  Plus when we got home, I had a 'thank you' email with a request for feedback.  Great company!

You didn't mention the Vatican, any of the Italy tours we hear of spend a lot of time at the Vatican. How long were you there?

2 minutes ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

You didn't mention the Vatican, any of the Italy tours we hear of spend a lot of time at the Vatican. How long were you there?

The Vatican would have been included, but it was closed on the day we were there.  So they substituted other sites instead.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

a group of us have just used Italian tour for a trip to Pompeii and Sorrento.

they were brilliant.

Daniele was our driver and was very good and Arianne was our guide and was very informative.

Easy to find when we left the ship and they used a  mini bus which means you are in a small group.

when we got to Pompeii Maria was our guide and she was brilliant. new so much about Pompeii which was 

probably the highlight of our holiday.

Sorrento is a lovely place to go to as well. had a lovely well organised day.

would definitely use Italian tours again.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from a cruise on NCL Spirit.  We used Italy tours.eu and they were great. Guide Gabrella & driver Peter were young & informed. 

Other than her loud music on the way back to the port, I have no complaints. She was a sweetheart.

We first took the long drive to Pompaii & had only a couple hours there. As I had been twice before but saw new things this time. Our guide there was very informative.

Another long drive on to the Amalfi Coast which is just breathtaking. Not much time to visit or shop, (only 25

minutes)

Short drive to Sorento for lunch, Pizza @ Il Convivio (2 hours) & shopping.

Overall, it was a great trip. I will defiantly use Italytours.eu on other tours in the future.

Lana, Memphis , TN USA

We just returned from a cruise and thoroughly enjoyed our tour of Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast with Italytours.EU.  Our driver Giuseppe did an excellent job driving and providing commentary along the way.  He was a very engaging person and made the trip quite entertaining. We enjoyed our tour of Pompeii and felt our guide Annalisa did a wonderful job of explaining the site. I do not recommend that anyone with mobility issues take this tour unless you discuss with the company in advance as Pompeii is not easy to get around,  The restaurant Il Convivio suggested by our driver gave quick service and allowed us time to tour Sorrento. Our driver was able to get us to all sites promised and still get us back to the ship on time in spite of delays due to the other travelers mobility issues. Would definitely tour with this company again.  The fact that they allowed us to pay a small portion upfront to hold the trip was also very appreciated.

• Like 1

We used Italy tours in Naples 2 weeks ago. They are a easy company to organize tour through always replying in short period of time. Their tour was much cheaper than the cruise excursion. We did a tour of Pompeii with an expert guide and then spent time in Sorrento and drive down the Amalfi Coast to Positsno. The driver/guide was a competent careful driver especially on the windy roads. Definitely would recommend. 

ItalyTours.EU is a great company to organize your tours. We had awesome tours by this company in Naples (Pompeii, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast) and in Florence/Pisa in Apr2019. We especially liked the fact that we were a small group (14 in Naples and 8 in Florence/Pisa) compared to the 30+ people you could get on a ship excursion. We did things on our own time, didn't feel rushed and felt we were personally taken care of. Communication with the ItalyTours.EU was easy and they were very responsive. Drivers and tour guides on both tours were fabulous! Vehicles were top notch and the knowledge that both tour guides had was outstanding. Virginia was our tour guide in Florence and she took us to see David and then a walking tour of Florence. One of our tour mates asked her if she had a degree in Italian history or Art history - that's how knowledgeable she was. 

• Like 1

We used italytours.eu from Napes for a tour of Pompeii, Sorento, and the Amalfi Coast in March - based on other positive reviews about the company. Arianna was a great host. She worked hard to make sure we were comfortable and understood what we needed to know. The guide at Pompeii was incredibly interesting. She was so knowledgeable and really kept us moving so that we could see everything that was planned in the amount of time available. I appreciated that our host gave us maps of Sorento and also suggestions of 3 places to eat. We ate at one of the restaurants she suggested and enjoyed it immensely. My husband is not a shopper so we were there for the food and views. We also enjoyed our drive along the Amalfi coast. The time given to us to take pictures near Positano was appreciated, and we enjoyed stopping in the Limoncello factory. We totally enjoyed our tour. I just wish I had also been able to use your tours when we were in Rome. I will certainly recommend that other people use italytours.eu

Their communication with me when I was planning the trip was exceptional! I appreciated all the information sent beforehand. They were very easy to find at the port and returned us to the ship in a timely manner. 

• Like 1

We used them last month for 2 tours (Florence & Pisa and Pompei & Amalfi Coast). Everything worked out great - comfortable AC van, great drivers/guides, nice itinerary. Will use them again! Hopefully soon!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a Viking cruise and just used Italytours.eu last week for a tour of the Amalfi coast.  Luca was our driver and guide and he did a terrific job.  We visited Portofino, Amalfi and Ravello.  Even though it was early in the tourist season traffic was heavy.  Luca was able to time our arrivals and departures to maximize our time in each town allowing us to return to the ship with time to spare.   I'll definitely use italytours.eu again when we return to the area. 

We used Italy tours in April and was very pleased with our experience. Cristina and Chico always responded promptly. We did the Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi coast tour. Pompei was the highlight especially our tour guide Sabina - she is highly recommended. She is very knowledgeable and went to great lengths to share that knowledge with us. Salvatore is a great driver and ensured we arrived safely in time for the ship departure. We hope to book again with Italy tours on our next visit.

2 hours ago, Cdn girl said:

We used Italy tours in April and was very pleased with our experience. Cristina and Chico always responded promptly. We did the Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi coast tour. Pompei was the highlight especially our tour guide Sabina - she is highly recommended. She is very knowledgeable and went to great lengths to share that knowledge with us. Salvatore is a great driver and ensured we arrived safely in time for the ship departure. We hope to book again with Italy tours on our next visit.

did you spend time in any towns on the Amalfi Coast ?

From what I've read, if the tour includes Pompeii AND Amalfi Coast, you don't get to spend time in any of the towns except Sorrento.  Was that the case with your tour ?

We joined 2 groups that were set up on Italy tour sharing. Both were really good. Rome the driver earned his pay for putting up with the traffic! It's unbelievable the way they move around. The tour guide of the Sistine Chapel was amazing, Elena? 1 thing I would recommend is in a group of 8, NEVER separate from the group.It will cost you valuable time. Massimo our driver in Naples was terrific.  Again to drive and do narration to the Amalfi coast! Our guide in Pompeii was also terrific. She knew the limitations of some of our group and allowed everyone to choose what they wanted to see. I would book Italy Tour sharing in a heartbeat.

We have just returned from our cruise with Koningsdam tot Greece and Italy.

We had a fantastic tour with Italy tours to the Amalfi coast . Nicola our driver was a great driver and a great guide with lots of local knowledge. I loved the fact there were only eight of us in de car. I felt very safe with Nicola even though I have a fear of Heights. Good value for the money. Will use them again!

I used Italy Tours for 4 of my excursions (Nice, Rome, Pompeii, Florence) on my last cruise to the Med in May of 2019.  Each one was outstanding and gave us the personal service you will not get from the ship trips.  Everything from stopping to take pictures at scenic spots to bathroom breaks to wifi in the van.  If you want a more personal tour at a cheaper cost with a smaller group, this is the way to go.  You may only get to do this once in a lifetime--don't ruin it with the wrong experience!  No brainer for me--I would use them again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

We used Italy tours.eu for our Mediterranean cruise, they organised our tour from Marseille. It was a tour of Aix en Provence, Cassis, Cap Canille and Marseille. Booking was easy through their website. They took a small deposit when booking and the balance 10 days before. Our brilliant guide Simon was at the pier on time as promised. He was super friendly, Patient a good and safe driver, the van was spotless and there were 8 of us onboard. He took special care of a lady less mobile, answered all of our questions enthusiastically. The tour itself was great with a particular highlight for us being Cassis and Cap Canille. Simon clearly loves where he lives. Thank you Italytours.eu  

A7B6DCC9-211A-4AC0-97C9-D5580E418EC2.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 11:19 AM, b2dave2003 said:

I used Italy Tours for 4 of my excursions (Nice, Rome, Pompeii, Florence) on my last cruise to the Med in May of 2019.  Each one was outstanding and gave us the personal service you will not get from the ship trips.  Everything from stopping to take pictures at scenic spots to bathroom breaks to wifi in the van.  If you want a more personal tour at a cheaper cost with a smaller group, this is the way to go.  You may only get to do this once in a lifetime--don't ruin it with the wrong experience!  No brainer for me--I would use them again in a heartbeat.

I have them booked for the same four tours (although still waiting on 2 more to get our minimum # of participants for Florence).  Just hoping we make it to Positano on the Pompeii tour. I am half tempted to switch to and try a get enough people to book the Amalfi Coast tour bc I really want to see more of Positano than just from the viewpoint from above. Thanks for your post! 

1 hour ago, erby2283 said:

I have them booked for the same four tours (although still waiting on 2 more to get our minimum # of participants for Florence).  Just hoping we make it to Positano on the Pompeii tour. I am half tempted to switch to and try a get enough people to book the Amalfi Coast tour bc I really want to see more of Positano than just from the viewpoint from above. Thanks for your post! 

We have a tour of the Amalfi Coast already going and we still have room for more if you're interested. The tour is with Italy Tours.  😁😁

28 minutes ago, Moose12345 said:

We have a tour of the Amalfi Coast already going and we still have room for more if you're interested. The tour is with Italy Tours.  😁😁

I would love to but it doesn't look like we'll be there on the same day according to your signature. I'm there on August 14th. 😞 I've even tried looking up which other ships are in port with us that day to try and post on their roll call but we all arrive at different times so that wouldn't work either.

6 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

I would love to but it doesn't look like we'll be there on the same day according to your signature. I'm there on August 14th. 😞 I've even tried looking up which other ships are in port with us that day to try and post on their roll call but we all arrive at different times so that wouldn't work either.

That's too bad. Would love to have you along on our excursion. You could try calling Italy Tours to see if they have a group started for  this tour for the date you will be there.

3 minutes ago, Moose12345 said:

That's too bad. Would love to have you along on our excursion. You could try calling Italy Tours to see if they have a group started for  this tour for the date you will be there.

Already way ahead of you. 🙂  I check in with them every couple of weeks or so. A few people from my roll call have signed up for the the same tour I am currently on - trying to see if any of them want to switch. I would miss seeing Pompeii bc I am interested in seeing that but my ONE thing I want to see more than anything is that city view from Positano  - I just can't afford a private tour all on my own.

I just finished 3 tours with ItalytoursEU.  Marseille#2 a guided tour with Remy

to Aix-du-Provence, Cassis, and Marseille was excellent. Remy was very 

knowledgeable and personable.  The Best of Florence and Pisa was with Ceasar

and Andres our guide.  Andres was very knowledgeable of Florence.

Our tour of Positano and Sorrento capped off a great week of tours.  We were 

dropped off in plenty of time to meet our cruise at every port.  I highly recommend 

ItalytoursEU