Questions Regarding MSC Seaside

TravelinGert

NEW QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERS

4. How do the hair dryers work in the staterooms? How do they compare to a good home version?

They are just simple hair dryers and don’t compare to good home vetsion but they are adequate. Beware! I have long hair and some of it got sucked in or caught up in the back side of the dryer. I had to chop it out. Not a happy camper. The protection screen needs tighter mesh weave to prevent this.

5. Does housekeeping replace wet or dirty pool towels or is there an exchange desk?

Exchange desk at pool

Perfect, thank you so much! So sorry about your hair, I’ve had that happen before so I’ll be sure to use with caution.

I was wondering if there are balcony staterooms on the Seaside that have the couch positioned by the balcony window. Most of the photos show the bed by the window, but I thought I saw a few with the couch near it. I greatly prefer the couch there since most of my awake time in the room is spent on the couch, not the bed, so I appreciate the view from there.

If you know specific room numbers with the configuration I am looking for, please post them. Thank you.

The cabin I just stayed in (11221) had the couch next to the balcony. Though I didn't get a pic of my stateroom, I did get a few of an aft balcony suite (15239) which can been seen in one of my small albums here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/R5UeDEdnWLdmeONt1

Bret

The cabin I just stayed in (11221) had the couch next to the balcony. Though I didn't get a pic of my stateroom, I did get a few of an aft balcony suite (15239) which can been seen in one of my small albums here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/R5UeDEdnWLdmeONt1

Bret

Thanks for the great pictures! Really appreciate your posting them!

For anyone cruising with kids is MSC doing the "Happy Dinners" on Seaside? It is the program that is listed on their website where you have dinner as a family in the main dining room and the kids meals are supposed to be expedited so that they can finish their food and upon completion the Kid's Club staff take the kids to play.

Bret

Thank you - I am hoping to find an Aurea class cabin with the sofa by the window. Anyone else know of one?

I have not tried calling MSC yet, but does anyone know if sofa/bed placement is a question they can answer about a particular cabin? I generally just book things online.

4. How do the hair dryers work in the staterooms? How do they compare to a good home version?

- They are just simple hair dryers and don’t compare to good home vetsion but they are adequate.

My wife uses a hair dryer at home every day. She used Divina hair dryers every day while on the ship, without any issues.

Regarding the no decorations are permitted on the outside of the door thing. I've seen videos and pictures of several staterooms with decorations on the outside of the door. Wonder did they just put them up for the video or maybe not find out about this until later?

I've only seen a few pictures of items taped to doors. I wouldn't know if people asked in advance, but expect that most do not.

Bret

Thanks for all the photos, but especially the aft suite. I’m in one on the Jan 6 sailing. First time I saw the bathroom pics for that type of room.

By the way, there're tons of photos on this cruise critic - under their official ship's review page, scroll to the bottom, and there are over 2000 pics.Quite an impressive array. I don't think there is anywhere it's missing.

All the pictures are well organized by venues or cabins. There are also the hard-to-find thus far - 37 pictures on YIN.

Any details (when can I purchase and how much) for the cabin package for bowling, flight simulator, etc? What is all included? Is zipline an extra cost?

Zipline and water slides are included no extra cost activities.

Information is a tad thin on the ground regarding any fun passes. Ashley from CC was good enough to post some pictures of the signs they have up but I found them a bit hard to read. Sorry I'm not locating the pictures immediately right now but from what I have seen it was along these lines. You pay $25 for $30 and there were other amounts up to I think it was around $75 or $80 for $100 worth of play. I'll hunt it down and post exact information at a later time.

Off the top of my head it said $25 for bowling don't know what was included as I couldn't read the rest, and $10 I think for 15 minutes of billiards. There are 10 different interactive 3D movies for I think $10 each as well.

I have read reports a fun card may be offered via the new app but I have not seen a confirmation of this. On Divina there is one available for less than $100 offering play all you want access so maybe it is something like that? Otherwise the for fee activities seem mighty expensive but maybe that's just me.

Edited by TravelinGert

By the way, there're tons of photos on this cruise critic - under their official ship's review page, scroll to the bottom, and there are over 2000 pics.Quite an impressive array. I don't think there is anywhere it's missing.

All the pictures are well organized by venues or cabins. There are also the hard-to-find thus far - 37 pictures on YIN.

Thanks for the tip.

I was especially interested in seeing the balconies for the suites on Deck 9......the long ones painted green.

Why only two chairs and a table?

RE: the Zipline.....

And I was wondering if there is a charge and whether we need reservations.

I did see something about minimum weight is 75 pound and max is 290 pounds.

I understand it is free and first come, first served. Best to do the zip line and slides early on during your week as the lines are probably longer as the week progresses, especially on the last sea day as all of the procrastinators will be wanting to try it. Have heard that the regular slides are free, but there is a charge for the slideboarding one. http://www.slideboarding.com/

NEW QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERS

1. When is the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle being scheduled?

2. The RFID wrist bands are supposed to work with the app to track your children around the ship. Is that working?

Answer: Recently MSC has said the tracking app will be rolled out soon. If anyone has a go live date please let us know.

3. Anyone done any of the arts and crafts in the Ipanema restaurant able to report back on what's on offer?

There is a video of a display of canvas totes, paintings, and it looked like painted plates which said it was crafts done on the ship but they were from the TA so I was wondering if those will also be offered on our cruise.

Thank you for the picture, nikkiw60. The ones I've seen in Seaside videos look similar. Can you tell us how well they work?

5. Does housekeeping replace wet or dirty pool towels or is there an exchange desk?

6. Are the doors and walls metal for magnet usage?

At least some are according to videos but was hopeful for some insight across the various types of cabins including Yacht Club.

7. Craps tables yes or no?

I believe walls in all cruise ship cabins are metal for safety. I did see a few decorated doors when I was onboard; as to whether or not it's officially allowed, I have no idea.

It's not the best shot, but here's a photo of a Seaside hair dryer. I have long, thick hair, and it got the job done but certainly isn't as powerful as one you'd use at home. It's also one of those ones where you have to hold in the button to keep it on while you're using it.

26172416_1978438209145405_5655073385434012739_o.jpg?oh=88a67e0d1e0b46e894a1c369bf9a53e6&oe=5AC967CC

Thank you all for all of the amazing information! I am now looking even more forward to my first MSC experience in March! I haven't seen anything about movies in the cabins or movie nights. Do they have complimentary movies to watch? What is the tv like on the ship? My husband will go nuts waiting for me to get ready if there is nothing for him to watch. haha

There's an extensive selection of movies on demand in the cabins, but they're $8 each. TV channels include CNN International, Bloomberg Europe, CNBC, BBC World News, Euronews and a variety of foreign channels in other languages. (No word yet on whether this will change now that the ship is out of Europe.) Ship safety channels are also available in addition to channels for cruise info, food and beverage, excursions, the spa, the onboard shops and in-port shopping.

There's an extensive selection of movies on demand in the cabins, but they're $8 each. TV channels include CNN International, Bloomberg Europe, CNBC, BBC World News, Euronews and a variety of foreign channels in other languages. (No word yet on whether this will change now that the ship is out of Europe.) Ship safety channels are also available in addition to channels for cruise info, food and beverage, excursions, the spa, the onboard shops and in-port shopping.

I too am interested in the TVs. I noticed in every stateroom picture the TV is across from the sofa. Can it be moved/extended so you can watch it from the bed? Every other cruise we've been on the TV was at the foot of the bed. Hubby is not too happy with the Seaside TV set up. Thanks for any help.

Given the TV is setup further away from the bed, I wonder if someone can post picture or comment on how far the TV can be pulled out and also the swivel angle. So we can figure out if it still provide a good viewing angle from bed? Given also that there is no sofa couch in the inside cabins too, that means will be to sit or lie on bed to view.