Restaurants that are included

toxicfairy

There are two normal MDRs for free, but there are also two separate buffets on this ship. The Biscayne Bay Buffet & Pizzeria is located on Deck 16 and it dedicated to families, while the "Marketplace Buffet" is located on Deck 8 and I'm assuming it's just a more formal buffet. Not sure. Those are the only free things unfortunately, unless you are staying in YC which has their own restaurant.

Are there really any free restaurants that are worth it? I have never found a complimentary restaurant that I craved going back to. You get what you pay for. If I am going to try a different restaurant I want it to be a dining experience and not another trip to Mickey D’s. Mediocrity is free...excellence comes with a price tag.

Are there really any free restaurants that are worth it? I have never found a complimentary restaurant that I craved going back to. You get what you pay for. If I am going to try a different restaurant I want it to be a dining experience and not another trip to Mickey D’s. Mediocrity is free...excellence comes with a price tag.

I guess on Royal they have the Promenade Cafe that is free, and the hot dog place on Oasis/Quantum class ships. But Seaside's main buffet is on deck 8 (much more centrally located than on Royal ships) and I believe it's open late, so if they have a good selection available at reasonable hours (at least until midnight), it could be a good alternative to something like the Promenade Cafe. I am not aware of other options than the buffet and MDR for a free sit-down meal on Royal. Not sure about NCL, since the only time we sailed them the Italian place was still free, but that changed shortly after we sailed.

One thing that really bothered me about Anthem was that the buffet closed at around 9pm and there was no place to get free iced tea/lemonade after that since they didn't have it at the Promenade or pizza place. Nor was there anyplace to get a free hot meal other than pizza.

I guess on Royal they have the Promenade Cafe that is free, and the hot dog place on Oasis/Quantum class ships. But Seaside's main buffet is on deck 8 (much more centrally located than on Royal ships) and I believe it's open late, so if they have a good selection available at reasonable hours (at least until midnight), it could be a good alternative to something like the Promenade Cafe. I am not aware of other options than the buffet and MDR for a free sit-down meal on Royal. Not sure about NCL, since the only time we sailed them the Italian place was still free, but that changed shortly after we sailed.

One thing that really bothered me about Anthem was that the buffet closed at around 9pm and there was no place to get free iced tea/lemonade after that since they didn't have it at the Promenade or pizza place. Nor was there anyplace to get a free hot meal other than pizza.

The Oasis class has a snack place on the top deck (Surf cafe I believe), the Boardwalk cafe which is the hot dog venue, and the wonderful Park cafe on deck 8 which has custom made salads and bagels, sandwiches, soups, etc. I went here everyday for lunch or breakfast on a 12 day TA, its really good. The Cafe promenade has good items too and Sorrento´s with custom made pizza which to me was delicious. Also, not free but for only 5 dollars which is a steal IMO you get all you can eat Johnny Rockets. On the Radiance class there was a very good place called Seaview cafe with al fresco, a la carte complimentary meals. The slowly started replacing it with for fee restaurants, the last one there was was on Jewel of the seas. NCL had Osheehans and another place I cant remember, besides of course the buffet and MDRs.

I really hope the MDRs and buffets on Seaside have a wide selection to cover up for the lack of other complimentary options. There´s no way I´m paying specialty dining, specially at the outrageous prices I´ve seen for the steakhouse and the japanese place.

The Oasis class has a snack place on the top deck (Surf cafe I believe), the Boardwalk cafe which is the hot dog venue, and the wonderful Park cafe on deck 8 which has custom made salads and bagels, sandwiches, soups, etc. I went here everyday for lunch or breakfast on a 12 day TA, its really good. The Cafe promenade has good items too and Sorrento´s with custom made pizza which to me was delicious. Also, not free but for only 5 dollars which is a steal IMO you get all you can eat Johnny Rockets.

True, I forgot about those on Oasis, and I also really liked Park Cafe. Plus the Solarium Cafe was free for lunch (although I'm not sure if it still is). On Anthem, Johnny Rockets took the place if the previously free burger place at the pool, another thing that bothered me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Mister: I don’t think we even know yet if there is food at all at the sports bar. If it is, it doesn’t appear to be free. I think that’s a change from the Divina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If there is food is should be free as the US online Brochure states on Pg 236/37 that the Sports Bar has complimentary American style finger food

If there is food is should be free as the US online Brochure states on Pg 236/37 that the Sports Bar has complimentary American style finger food

The MSC brochures aren't the most reliable for information. For example, it's only on Divina that food is free in the Sports Bar; there's a charge for the food served on other ships. Yet, the brochure doesn't indicate this. Also, the "New dining options" info on the same page is no longer correct as the Flexible dining had to be scrapped on Meraviglia. I'm sure there'll be some get-out clause somewhere saying that "information correct at time of printing/compiling brochure" or some such! :rolleyes:

I should add, for clarification, that the pages you mention are from the 2018/2019 online brochure and not the current one.

Perhaps "current" wasn't the correct term? I suppose I was thinking that the 2017/2018 brochure is current, as in covering sailings from now 'til next Summer's.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I can't see them charging for food at the sports bar at the ship's launch and then switching to free several months into service because the brochure date changed.

Perhaps "current" wasn't the correct term? I suppose I was thinking that the 2017/2018 brochure is current, as in covering sailings from now 'til next Summer's.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Oh ok . I was thinking current as in timing

But now I get what you meant.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

As excited as I am for my January Seaside cruise, it's a bit disappointing that only 2 MDRs and 2 buffets are included on the cruise fare. I'm used to having more complimentary options on RC and NCL.
And don't forget Carnival, who has more free included venues then RCI and NCL combined.

I’m not even sure that there is any food in the sports bar, free or not. I haven’t been able to get anyone in the ship to confirm this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is from the Current Australian Brochure 2017-2019 September to May

The Sports Bar offers informal America style dining in a lively

sporty atmosphere onboard MSC Bellissima, MSC Seaview, MSC

Meraviglia, MSC Seaside, MSC Divina, MSC Splendida, MSC Fantasia

& MSC Preziosa.

This is from the Current Australian Brochure 2017-2019 September to May

The Sports Bar offers informal America style dining in a lively

sporty atmosphere onboard MSC Bellissima, MSC Seaview, MSC

Meraviglia, MSC Seaside, MSC Divina, MSC Splendida, MSC Fantasia

& MSC Preziosa.

I hope this is the case, but so far the cruise dailies put out for Seaside don’t list the sports bar as a place one can get a snack or meal. Maybe it’ll start up once it’s in Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk