Seaside Specialty Restaurant Menus

cp1824

I called MSC directly and purchased the Trio Specialty package which was advertised for $69p.p

Thank you for this update.

If you have the Specialty Package, can you order whatever you want off the specialty restaurant menu?

We have two dinners each in a specialty and have YC, but we have almost $500 in OBC and wondering if we should just buy the package when we get onboard but I think I will miss eating in the YC.

Also, my bookings are back :o

If you have the Specialty Package, can you order whatever you want off the specialty restaurant menu?

We have two dinners each in a specialty and have YC, but we have almost $500 in OBC and wondering if we should just buy the package when we get onboard but I think I will miss eating in the YC.

Save your OBC for those YC cabanas!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Oh my! Do you like your new cabin?!?

I just went on to my booking after reading this and it doesn't show any of my two bookings, one of which is fully paid in YC for February 2018. I am going to call and go back on the website again. :rolleyes:

Talk about MSC screwing up....

The emails they have been sending me because the cruise is so close.....they have been confusing with my September 2018 cruise. All is straightened out now.

Just printed off my Edocs so I feel I can safely assume all is OK.

MSC is not known for its website ease or accuracy and the same goes for their phone people. Although they are nice. I sometimes feel they are trained to answer any question whether or not the answer is accurate. You must constantly check.

When I called them the other day, I asked if there was a phone number for the Voyagers Club. The reservation guy said no & he could handle it. Of coarse he could not but was just talking away . Other cruiselines have dedicated people to handle different departments.

The trade off....the cruise....wonderful !

good day

so with the Black Card specialty dining - it is the Prix Fix - 3 course meal that u have a choice of. This being said, being in the Yacht Club, i would not even dream about buying any sort of dinner package - the meals are just as good and in most cases better in the Yacht Club - something like the Japanese restaurant is unique, but fish and steak, lamb are plentiful in the Yacht Club dining venue...hope this helps....

good day

so with the Black Card specialty dining - it is the Prix Fix - 3 course meal that u have a choice of. This being said, being in the Yacht Club, i would not even dream about buying any sort of dinner package - the meals are just as good and in most cases better in the Yacht Club - something like the Japanese restaurant is unique, but fish and steak, lamb are plentiful in the Yacht Club dining venue...hope this helps....

Thank you. This helps a lot. It was your post to me in the Roll Call that has me not purchasing the dining package :D When we sail on NCL in Haven, I really do enjoy eating in there and the menu doesn't change all week so I'm guessing the same will be the same in the YC. OK. You have convinced me again that I am not going to purchase the dining plan LOL I will stick to our two Black Card meals and if we want extra from the menu or an upcharge item, will just pay it. Do you know what restaurants are included with the Black Card?

Thank you so much and see you soon!

Save your OBC for those YC cabanas!

Thank you.

I will do above, good suggestion.

I will try to book when we board. If one is open, great, if not, gggrrrr but we also have the spa for

our days at sea and a couple of port days.

Thank you. This helps a lot. It was your post to me in the Roll Call that has me not purchasing the dining package :D When we sail on NCL in Haven, I really do enjoy eating in there and the menu doesn't change all week so I'm guessing the same will be the same in the YC. OK. You have convinced me again that I am not going to purchase the dining plan LOL I will stick to our two Black Card meals and if we want extra from the menu or an upcharge item, will just pay it. Do you know what restaurants are included with the Black Card?

hello once again - usually, and am pretty sure on Seaside, that all a la carte restaurants are included -

FYI - the menu changes daily for dinner on the Yacht Club .... Breakfast and lunch remain the same......

ohhhhh, and most importantly, the wine changes nightly as well...:*:*:*

Okay, I have to step in and mess with your head here! I know I will be flamed by the MSC loyalists but the quality of ingredients and the meals in general are FAR superior in the Haven Restaurant. MSC just doesn't come close to the quality of beef, lamb and fish that the Haven serves. Many items in The Yacht Club restaurant are also *ahem* thermally challenged.

Having said that, the wines served in MSC are great and the staff are superb - they want to make you happy!

You will have an extremely enjoyable dinner but the weak link is the food.

If you have OBC, I would still vote for booking the specialties when you're on board but only after the reviews are out! Having said that, I have ALWAYS loved Roy's restaurants. The Concierges are amazing and can likely work some magic in getting you in.

Okay, I have to step in and mess with your head here! I know I will be flamed by the MSC loyalists but the quality of ingredients and the meals in general are FAR superior in the Haven Restaurant. MSC just doesn't come close to the quality of beef, lamb and fish that the Haven serves. Many items in The Yacht Club restaurant are also *ahem* thermally challenged.

Having said that, the wines served in MSC are great and the staff are superb - they want to make you happy!

You will have an extremely enjoyable dinner but the weak link is the food.

If you have OBC, I would still vote for booking the specialties when you're on board but only after the reviews are out! Having said that, I have ALWAYS loved Roy's restaurants. The Concierges are amazing and can likely work some magic in getting you in.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Was it your detailed review that I read where you compared the YC to Haven? If so, thank you. I really enjoyed reading it and it was helpful when booking Seaside.

I enjoy good food but I enjoy excellent service even more and if the level of service is on par with the crew in the Haven vs. YC, I will be very happy. Yes, you are correct, I will wait to see the reviews from Miami sailings. I'll bring my notes with me and ask the concierge to book for us when onboard.

Thank you.

hello once again - usually, and am pretty sure on Seaside, that all a la carte restaurants are included -

FYI - the menu changes daily for dinner on the Yacht Club .... Breakfast and lunch remain the same......

ohhhhh, and most importantly, the wine changes nightly as well...:*:*:*

Thank you. I haven't read about anyone using their Black Card at any of the restaurants currently on the Seaside and I am following quite a few FB groups (I think you are on one of them actually LOL).

I am very excited about the wine. We very much enjoy good wine. I love reading the reviews we are getting and looking forward to reviews from the Miami sailings although we won't have too many until it is our time to sail! :D

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Was it your detailed review that I read where you compared the YC to Haven? If so, thank you. I really enjoyed reading it and it was helpful when booking Seaside.

I enjoy good food but I enjoy excellent service even more and if the level of service is on par with the crew in the Haven vs. YC, I will be very happy. Yes, you are correct, I will wait to see the reviews from Miami sailings. I'll bring my notes with me and ask the concierge to book for us when onboard.

Thank you.

Yes - that was my review back in September.

My partner said that he was "conflicted" about the Yacht Club dining room - the chairs were so comfortable, the service so good, the noise level and music choice so ideal, the sommelier so helpful - that it really helped you forget that the food was pretty average at best!

Yes - that was my review back in September.

My partner said that he was "conflicted" about the Yacht Club dining room - the chairs were so comfortable, the service so good, the noise level and music choice so ideal, the sommelier so helpful - that it really helped you forget that the food was pretty average at best!

Personally - we found the food awesome in the Yacht Club - really not a bad meal at all - just as good as Eately on the Divina - we made such good friends in the Yacht club restaurant, that we really did not want to miss out not going - i know food is subjective, but for us, we found the food amazing - the wine/staff/sommelier were all excellent - some nights, if in the mood, we purchased special wines that the sommelier would recommend and he did not disappoint at all....

so for JS - give the YC restaurant a chance, and u might be pleasantly surprised - if not happy, then go to the a la carte, but not before making a comment to the maitre'd......he will make it sooooo special for you - - - - trust me.... the YC as yet to disappoint - after 1 YC cruise we went back to RCI in an owners suite, paid for the a la carte every single night (and had 2 bad experiences even with this), got off the ship and both looked at each other and said - Yacht Club next time...!!!!

Butcher's Cut

Ocean Cay

Roy's Asian Market

Attached the two smaller size files.

Anyone know how they will handle Black Card dinners? Will they just treat the same as a dining experience?

I don't see the "Dining Experience Menu" for guests pre-booking the trio dining experience, on the Ocean Cay menu. Please upload a menu that includes it.

I don't see the "Dining Experience Menu" for guests pre-booking the trio dining experience, on the Ocean Cay menu. Please upload a menu that includes it.

See page three of the posted menu. That does show a price of $50 so I can only hope that is what you get with the Trio package. If it is then the Trio is quite a good deal. I'll find out in January. Bob

What I think is odd is that the menu is not specific to the food choices available, as it is in the 2 other menus..

I vote for incompetence on MSC's part. If you look at the Butcher's Cut menu, the experience menu is only shown on the brunch menu and the beverage pages are missing, so I think that menu is also broken. We need to hear from someone who is on board to get the real scoop.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Totally agree with you. I think that the online menu for Ocean Cay is missing a page. I don't see MSC letting a customer order a $29 appetizer when the customer only paid $69 for the trio package.

I also wonder if black card members will be able to order from the Ocean Cay menu posted online.

What I think is odd is that the menu is not specific to the food choices available, as it is in the 2 other menus. 028941704c3c8c82ec15b88ef0a9093e.jpgf31e50581dbccb9029881c84a3d9f254.jpg8bf92eb3cafaf4271d24c3fdff31f9b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I had thought that MSC was trying to compete with the US mainstream lines. Having their steakhouse being 100% a la carte and overpriced may possibly cut it over in Europe, but it just does not compare when you can go to a steakhouse on Celebrity, Royal, Carnival, and NCL and get the entire experience for a preset price with multiple apps, sides, etc.

The steakhouse isn't 100% a la carte. As with all specialty restaurants on Seaside, you can purchase a "dining experience," which is a separate menu for a set price. (The separate menu is what you'll find under the "Dining Experience" section. It consists of items from the full menu.)

I vote for incompetence on MSC's part. If you look at the Butcher's Cut menu, the experience menu is only shown on the brunch menu and the beverage pages are missing, so I think that menu is also broken. We need to hear from someone who is on board to get the real scoop.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I was onboard for the first week of the current transatlantic. It's all on the same menu. If you go for brunch, you'll see the dining experience and dinner menus as well. If you go for dinner, you'll also see brunch, etc.

The steakhouse isn't 100% a la carte. As with all specialty restaurants on Seaside, you can purchase a "dining experience," which is a separate menu for a set price. (The separate menu is what you'll find under the "Dining Experience" section. It consists of items from the full menu.)
It's still choosing from a limited section of the full menu as well as as only an app, entree, side and dessert. I assume it's the European small portions way of eating. I prefer the other lines I mentioned that do not restrict you and allow multiple apps, sides, etc. Carnivals steakhouse gives you an amuse bouche, app, salad, soup, entree, 2 sides and dessert to enjoy later in the cabin and a second app can be substituted for the soup or salad. That is getting your monies worth.

I understand we really can't fully make an evaluation until the first reviews start coming in after the first 7 day sailing on the 23rd.