Check-in Time?

digital_curator

I have never sailed with NCL and am asking for my in-laws. They are boarding in Miami tomorrow.

We booked them a hotel with a shuttle but they have emailed to say they can't use it because the first one is at 10:30 and their check is at 9:30. I have never had a specific check in time for a cruise, we just show up when we show up. How does this work on NCL? Do they have to be there at 9:30? It sounds so early to me! I hate for them to pay for a cab when they have a ride paid for already.

Cheers,

I have never sailed with NCL and am asking for my in-laws. They are boarding in Miami tomorrow.

We booked them a hotel with a shuttle but they have emailed to say they can't use it because the first one is at 10:30 and their check is at 9:30. I have never had a specific check in time for a cruise, we just show up when we show up. How does this work on NCL? Do they have to be there at 9:30? It sounds so early to me! I hate for them to pay for a cab when they have a ride paid for already.

Cheers,

The check in time is a suggestion. NCL does that to try and space out the crowds arriving for the ship. I honestly do not think their check in at the ship can be 9:30 am. At that time, the passengers from the last cruise are still disembarking. Most check in times are in the afternoon...please check the documents again or have them call NCL if they are not sure.

NCL check-in time is advisory not mandatory. They are trying to spread out the arrival of pax.

Normally check in doesn't start till well after 9.30am, maybe 11am at the earliest. Get the shuttle and be prepared for a slightly longer wait.

My take on this would be that NCL can not start boarding until there is a confirmed ZERO headcount on the

disembarking passengers from the inbound cruise.

The crew could come and go and not affect the boarding of the outbound cruise their key cards are probably

coded different from the fare paying passengers.

There has to be some sort of accountability of the souls on board for safety security and government records.

10:00am to start boarding for a scheduled arrival of the 08:00am seems reasonable.

AND of course YMMV + or - minutes

As mentioned in previous post check in of 09:30am is possible but passengers are held in a boarding que

until clearance to board is given the go ahead.

Something similar to what the airlines do get all the folks off the aircraft and then boarding can start.