Rotterdam Cabin Question

BlackJack2

Need help with information on Cabin 1939 on the Rotterdam. I checked with Halfacts, but there were no photos or information. Since this cabin is so far back, on the Dolphin Deck, how noisy is the cabin from below and from across the hall?

Edited by BlackJack2
ran together words

Need help with information on Cabin 1939 on the Rotterdam. I checked with Halfacts, but there were no photos or information. Since this cabin is so far back, on the Dolphin Deck, how noisy is the cabin from below and from across the hall?

While I haven't been in this cabin, I saw a review on a cabin close by and read no complaints on noise.

Same thing with pics on the site you mention that are close to this location. (Remember anything in R class should be quite similar in most cases ;) )

I would expect a bit - waves, etc. Because of the location but don't think it would be serious.

Just my thoughts - hopefully others can add.

I hope the reviews are "good" as we are holding cabin 2711. One deck above and a bit further back. Rotterdam is our favorite ship. She may be older, but she has such "class"! We sailed her last year for 42 days in a lanai cabin and loved it. This time we opted for a cabin with a "shower" only and the view of the wake. Our up coming cruise is for 27 days.

I hope the reviews are "good" as we are holding cabin 2711. One deck above and a bit further back. Rotterdam is our favorite ship. She may be older, but she has such "class"! We sailed her last year for 42 days in a lanai cabin and loved it. This time we opted for a cabin with a "shower" only and the view of the wake. Our up coming cruise is for 27 days.

there is a cabin very close to yours on the "site that can't be named". I saw no negative comments and it looked quite nice.

We sailed on the Rotterdam in March - May, 2017. She was still full of class. The service was really top notch.

I hope your experience matches or betters your previous one :)

1939: Haven't had a cabin that far aft on either the Dolphin or Main deck, but on the Lower Prom in about that location you can hear the wash of the ship. I would expect 1939 to have some noise issues with that and the white area in the middle could be anything or nothing.

2711: I know from experience that there is a real rumble in this vicinity. Outside on that deck it is hard to hear anyone talking if the ship is moving. Inside it is not so bad.

Agree, the Rotterdam is a wonderful ship. I found it even more elegant and comfortable than in the past. The Explorers Lounge felt like a very comfortable and welcoming living room. Hope you both have the best of cruises!

You will not be able to see the wake from your cabin. There is a public deck outside your cabin which becomes more popular during the cruise as passengers discover it. There are lounge chairs provided on the deck. The rail is about chest high and is solid steel. In addition, the doors leading out to that deck area are a double door combination (door from hallway to a small entryway to another door out onto the deck). Even being careful, the doors will sometimes slam when passing through. This could be a noise issue in your cabin.

This area was one of my favorites on my last Rotterdam cruise and I know I will be out there on my upcoming cruise in March 2018.

• 4 months later...

Hi

Have you stayed in this cabin yet? I've booked this cabin after reading on deckplan genius that this was an excellent cabin. I have seen read that there is alot heavy engine vibration and 24/7 lighting in the covered area of the stern rail. Just wondering whether to change cabins?

Thanks