Celebrity's policy for bringing sodas or water aboard!

Caseycakes

Hi ! First time cruising with celebrity! Just wondering what their policy is regarding bringing Sodas or water on board ! I have read the policy for alcoholic beverages but can't seem to find any info on non-alcoholic! Nice to have a few sodas in the room if possible!

Thanks

Lots of people bring soda, juices, and bottled water. When we sailed with my grandson when he was on formula, we brought a case of bottled water to mix with dry formula. I have also seen people bringing six packs of soda and cases of Red Bull. As long as it isn't hard liquor, bring it.

I have never seen anyone bring Red Bull but why not? It is a soft drink. Sure beats paying $4.50 a can on board.

I noticed that Disney allows each passenger over 21 to bring a six pack of beer. Not so on Celebrity. Just as well as the mini fridge does not keep things ice cold.

I recently heard of a drink called a Jaeger Bomb. Red Bull with Jeagermeister. Sounds terrible. To me, Jaegermeister tastes like Vicks Formula 44 cough syrup. Any reviews from anyone on this drink?

• 2 months later...
I have never seen anyone bring Red Bull but why not? It is a soft drink. Sure beats paying $4.50 a can on board.

I noticed that Disney allows each passenger over 21 to bring a six pack of beer. Not so on Celebrity. Just as well as the mini fridge does not keep things ice cold.

I recently heard of a drink called a Jaeger Bomb. Red Bull with Jeagermeister. Sounds terrible. To me, Jaegermeister tastes like Vicks Formula 44 cough syrup. Any reviews from anyone on this drink?

If they'll eat Tide Pods. then they'll drink Vicks Formula 44.

My young nieces used to drink Jaegerbombs. Apparently they get you really drunk and give you lots of energy to go with it. Not my sort of thing even when I was their age, and I agree that Jaegermeister tastes terrible. Like twigs and dirt. :D Red Bull isn’t too bad, though.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if there has been any recent changes to the policy on bringing sodas onboard? My husband and I just learned the hard way of Royal Caribbean's policy change. We each drink a 12 oz can of diet mountain dew (which is not sold on a Coke ship) as our "coffee" each morning. We arrived at the port (Miami) for a 10 day cruise with 24 cans. They confiscated 12 and we were told that regardless of length of cruise only 12 cans per stateroom, not per person, may be brought on. We will be sailing with Celebrity for the first time in Sept on an 11 night cruise. Hoping for no surprises.

12 minutes ago, bingosgal said:

Does anyone know if there has been any recent changes to the policy on bringing sodas onboard? My husband and I just learned the hard way of Royal Caribbean's policy change. We each drink a 12 oz can of diet mountain dew (which is not sold on a Coke ship) as our "coffee" each morning. We arrived at the port (Miami) for a 10 day cruise with 24 cans. They confiscated 12 and we were told that regardless of length of cruise only 12 cans per stateroom, not per person, may be brought on. We will be sailing with Celebrity for the first time in Sept on an 11 night cruise. Hoping for no surprises.

For Carnival a few years ago, I was told only cans.  Is true with Royal as well?  Anyone know updated info for Carnival?

5 minutes ago, goingplaces1132 said:

For Carnival a few years ago, I was told only cans.  Is true with Royal as well?  Anyone know updated info for Carnival?

This info might be easier to find in topics/forums dedicated to Royal Caribbean and Carnival. If you Google RC's new beverage policy (updated in Sept 2018) it should answer one of your questions.

I talked to celebrity over social media a week or so ago regarding bringing sodas onboard and was told the current policy is a reasonable amount per person, when I asked for more details they said maybe a 12 pack per person would be fine...

I guess like most of the time the answers that come from celebrity official can be a bit hit or miss, 

also, I asked about putting a luggage tag on it to be delivered to the cabin with the luggage and they said they’ve changed the policy recently and now you have to be able to carry it on with you... 

any recent experience would be great, 

56 minutes ago, MR_T said:

and was told the current policy is a reasonable amount per person,

So I guess having a pallet of canned Diet Cream Soda delivered to the ship, with a luggage tag on it, might be refused.  Too bad.  :)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

So I guess having a pallet of canned Diet Cream Soda delivered to the ship, with a luggage tag on it, might be refused.  Too bad.  🙂

Haven’t had cream soda in years.. now I need to get some 🥤👍🏼 

• Like 1

I was on Silhouette for the Feb 10, 2019 sailing.  I took two 12-packs of cherry juice (since they don't carry it on board).  
Had it in an Amazon box.  Stuck a luggage tag on the Amazon box and it appeared in my room a few hours later.

1 hour ago, Algebralovr said:

I was on Silhouette for the Feb 10, 2019 sailing.  I took two 12-packs of cherry juice (since they don't carry it on board).  
Had it in an Amazon box.  Stuck a luggage tag on the Amazon box and it appeared in my room a few hours later.

Thanks for the info! We are okay carrying it on with us, but great to know their policies aren't as strict. The issue we had on Royal a few weeks ago, among other things, have us rethinking another cruise with them. Can't wait to experience Celebrity!

5 hours ago, bingosgal said:

Can't wait to experience Celebrity!

You will love Celebrity. I'm on the silhouette in a couple of weeks. That particular ship is well known for extraordinary service. Crew members are great. Does anyone know the price of a large bottle of Perrier or San Pellegrino onboard? I enjoy drinking a glass with some sliced lime on my balcony. If it's not too pricey otherwise I will bring a few bottles on board. 

Last I heard you can not bring those particular brands of water as they are sold on board. There is a premium water package for $16 per person per day. You can only bring on generic bottles of water. Anyone , please correct me. I would like to pick up a few bottles at each port of call.

12 hours ago, Cruise 11 said:

Last I heard you can not bring those particular brands of water as they are sold on board. There is a premium water package for $16 per person per day. You can only bring on generic bottles of water. Anyone , please correct me. I would like to pick up a few bottles at each port of call.

You may bring any type of water onboard as long as its visible, sealed and not in checked luggage. It's not brand specific even if sold on the ship just as you are allowed to carry on 2 bottles of wine per cabin. I'm just wondering the cost of San Pellegrino if I want to purchase for room consumption.