Eclipse Sky Suite 2134 or 2114???? Need expert S2 advice!!!

Want2Cruise 701

We are in 2134 which is a handicapped. We were assigned. 2114 just opened up. DH had wanted me to grab any other sky suite that opened up that was not accessible. I put it on hold but have some concerns. We've only been in aft sky suites so the port/starboard ones are new to me.

Con. It's the first suite on the Starboard side so when you look left out on the balcony the hump starts. Will this really block or interfere with our view? Balcony is not as wide too.

Pro. More drawer and counter space in the room. Bath has a true tub shower.

Con. We hear that there is noise from the galley above. We've been in an aft deck 12 sky suite and never were bothered by the chair scraping which we though was minimal. Is the galley noise similar or worse? Roll in shower. Less drawer and counter space.

Pro. Wider balcony. More floor space. Larger bath but no tub shower.

One note. Balcony space is important to me. DH though by videos aft S2 sky suites looked to have a little deeper balcony. Is that so? If so, that would mean that 2114 would have a smaller balcony than we're used to in a aft S2,

What to do, What to do???? Should we stay or should we move??? I know both options aren't great but the cruise is in 10 days, and it's pretty much sold out.

As you say, there are pros and cons to both suites. I would go with 2114. There should be less noise because of the location. A lot of the noise in 2134 would come from the carts that the servers use to transport plates, food, etc. We've stayed in similar Sky suites and the balcony and view were never an issue. We've also stayed in accessible hotel rooms and generally dislike them because of the bathroom. If you look at the "S" Class sticky at the top of this board there is a spread sheet in the 1st post that you can filter and see other's comments about these 2 suites.

We are in 2114 in January and have concerns regarding location. I'm not worried about the view and it does appear that from it's location noise from above shouldn't be any worse than any other S2 suite on the sides of the ship. I am worried about what's across the hall. Sometimes there are crew doors and large crew stairways and elevator banks with lots of traffic.

We have stayed in 2133. I'm not a light sleeper. The noise sounds like a conveyor belt or a escalator. The sound seem to travel in the ceiling into our suite. I would book 2114. We also have been in 2121. We have 2116 booked on Eclipse Oct 2018.

Thank you everyone for the input. I'ts a tough decision. I wish I had a crystal ball to show me how loud the noise would be vs looking directly into the hump slant.

Has anyone that responded stayed in an aft on deck 12 underneath the oceanview bar that could compare the noise. Posters have said never again, but we never heard any noise inside the cabin. We only heard it occasionally when we were out on the balcony, and it never bothered us. If 2134 is no worse than what we experienced from our aft, then we'll stay.

We just returned Friday from sailing in 2114 on the Silhouette and it was the quietest S2 we've ever sailed in. I would book that cabin any day. We sailed in 2133 on Equinox in May and it was very noisy at 6:30 with the rolling carts in the Oceanview Café.

Thank you Shirazcruiser. Was the slant directly to the left really instrusive in 2114. That is the only thing I am worried about is the view. Would you have pictures to post?

I know all ships and sailings are different but was the noise in 2133 just at 6:30 and for how long?

Thank you Shirazcruiser. Was the slant directly to the left really instrusive in 2114. That is the only thing I am worried about is the view. Would you have pictures to post?

I know all ships and sailings are different but was the noise in 2133 just at 6:30 and for how long?

Today I just booked 2114 for our 9-19 Eclipse Hawaii cruise and no I didn't find cabin 2112 intrusive. Sorry I don't have any photos. The noise in 2133 actually began each morning shortly after 6:00 with the morning breakfast preparation and continued through early breakfast (8:00 ish). Celebrity advised that 6:30 is the acceptable time for breakfast noise.

Just got off the Eclipse. We had cabins 2134 and 2136 as it was a last minute decision. Two major problems with these cabins. The bath room is always flooded after a shower as the water does not drain properly. Also the rooms are very noisy , sounds like rolling thunder at all times of the night and day.

Today I just booked 2114 for our 9-19 Eclipse Hawaii cruise and no I didn't find cabin 2112 intrusive. Sorry I don't have any photos. The noise in 2133 actually began each morning shortly after 6:00 with the morning breakfast preparation and continued through early breakfast (8:00 ish). Celebrity advised that 6:30 is the acceptable time for breakfast noise.

Just got off the Eclipse. We had cabins 2134 and 2136 as it was a last minute decision. Two major problems with these cabins. The bath room is always flooded after a shower as the water does not drain properly. Also the rooms are very noisy , sounds like rolling thunder at all times of the night and day.

We did end up switching to 2114. I think we made the right decision. We too didn't have a choice. Last minute decision to upgrade and 2134 is what we got. Glad something else opened up. Now to hope an act opens up but highly doubt it.

• 1 year later...
On 12/14/2017 at 9:12 PM, Want2Cruise 701 said:

We did end up switching to 2114. I think we made the right decision. We too didn't have a choice. Last minute decision to upgrade and 2134 is what we got. Glad something else opened up. Now to hope an act opens up but highly doubt it.

@Want2Cruise 701 - I know this post is 18 months old, but just wondering how you liked 2114?

We had 2133 and just switched out to 2114, as I have been in 2126 before and the rolling carts were an issue.

Would love to hear your experiences (pros/cons) - how was the slant balcony beside you?  noise?

H.

32 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

@Want2Cruise 701 - I know this post is 18 months old, but just wondering how you liked 2114?

We had 2133 and just switched out to 2114, as I have been in 2126 before and the rolling carts were an issue.

Would love to hear your experiences (pros/cons) - how was the slant balcony beside you?  noise?

H.

The noise issues in 2114 were minor.  We did hear occasionally the rolling carts.  We had a holiday sailing, so I'm sure there was more activity than usual too.  The slant beside us didn't bother us much as I thought it would.  You can't see the forward part of the ship, but you can see outward/forward it that makes sense.  It's been 18 months so my recollection on that isn't great. 

It was a very convenient location in terms of proximity to the pool and elevators/stairs.  It was quiet in terms of not hearing anyone outside in the hallway.

I still prefer the aft for the view and wake, but if none was available, I would book 2114 again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

The noise issues in 2114 were minor.  We did hear occasionally the rolling carts.  We had a holiday sailing, so I'm sure there was more activity than usual too.  The slant beside us didn't bother us much as I thought it would.  You can't see the forward part of the ship, but you can see outward/forward it that makes sense.  It's been 18 months so my recollection on that isn't great. 

It was a very convenient location in terms of proximity to the pool and elevators/stairs.  It was quiet in terms of not hearing anyone outside in the hallway.

I still prefer the aft for the view and wake, but if none was available, I would book 2114 again.  

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.  We too prefer the aft-facing, but there are only so many S2s.  Our cruise has “doubled” in price, so moving to an S1 at this point, is not feasible.  So?  we were hoping to get out of the 2133 location to something better; 2114 sounds good!  and we’ve relocated.

With sincere appreciation of your time,  Heather

If you aren't handicapped, I do not recommend a handicapped cabin.  First, IMO very important, you bathroom is total different.  A roll in shower, that has a curtain.  Water gets all over the bathroom unless you put loads of towels around the shower.  No tub.  Second, you have a lower sink not the fancy dual sink marble bath room. 

The closets aren't the same, nor is the couch or drawer space.  Better to take a regular suite or cabin. 

Also, save for anybody who really needs the roll in shower if possible.

31 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

If you aren't handicapped, I do not recommend a handicapped cabin.  First, IMO very important, you bathroom is total different.  A roll in shower, that has a curtain.  Water gets all over the bathroom unless you put loads of towels around the shower.  No tub.  Second, you have a lower sink not the fancy dual sink marble bath room. 

The closets aren't the same, nor is the couch or drawer space.  Better to take a regular suite or cabin. 

Also, save for anybody who really needs the roll in shower if possible.

@Cruise a holic - apologies, I dredged up an old post.  The OP did switch out to #2114 (explained further down the thread) and I was asking (18 months later) how they enjoyed #2114.   Please ignore the accessible cabin initial query as that has been closed and I only reopened this old thread for information on #2114 (regular Sky Suite).