OBC for no OM on Royal cruises?

sun&sea

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I don't consider myself a greedy person, but it was suggested to me that if others are getting perks like an additional OB because a cruise feature has been removed after the cruise was booked and paid for, why not me. If they weren't offering this to others, I wouldn't have enquired in the first place and I still would have enjoyed my cruise. However, if I'm watching other's get something and I've not even checked it out, then I'm the fool for not asking. If I'm not entitled, then all they have to say is no.

Amen to that. :cool:

Did the OBC show up in the Princess "Payments & Credit" section?

No it does not show on the site but it does show on the booking form from Princess.

My first priority is to get the OBC for the Mar 20 cruise and then clean up the personalizer.

No it does not show on the site but it does show on the booking form from Princess.

My first priority is to get the OBC for the Mar 20 cruise and then clean up the personalizer.

Princess first told me that I was given the credit but when checking my personalizer it never appeared under "Payments & Credits".

My TA also assured me that they had applied it but it was under a "special services area" which I could not find and it couldn't be listed with the other cabin credit. :confused:

Finally this morning I talked to another agent who knew what the problem was & corrected the situation. :)

The last thing I want to do is get on the ship & have to argue with the PSD about cabin credit. :(

A checked my booking on the Princess website this morning. Our OB was adjusted and showed up under the credits & payments tab of the booking. We also received a revised booking by email from our TA yesterday which also shows the revised OB. I'll bring printed copies with us just to make sure everything runs smooth.

Guess I have been cruising too long (forty years) to understand all the excitement about the *****. So what am I missing? I do not even see much of a benefit for the cruiser...as the ***** is designed to give the cruise line amazing ability to accrue data bases on passenger habits, traffic flow, etc. But other then saving me the trouble of flicking a light switch or reaching for my cruise card I fail to see any advantage to me (the cruiser). And it will just be a matter of time until folks start complaining that they got charged for drinks ordered by others (who were sitting nearby). And we wonder if they will start active selling of Pepto Bismol to those who spend too much time in the bathroom (remember, there is a medallion sensor in every cabin bath room).

I can understand Princess giving out some OBCs as a PR move....but the stockholder part of me wonders if that is the best use of funds.

Hank

I think the value to the people cruising should be based on what you would have purchased if you hadn't received the OBC. A $100.00 is a $100.00 no matter what the cost to the vendor.

For us that's $0. Just because the gave me an additional $100 per person doesn't mean I'll spend it on the ship.

This may cause me to get flamed but oh well...Why is it that all of you think that it is ok to hold a cruise line up for money because the ***** will not be available on your cruise?? The ***** or lack thereof truly has no impact on whether or not you will enjoy your cruise...I'm a techie and would like to try the new technologies the ***** provides, but to insist that the cruise line give me money because it is not going to be on my cruise is extortion plain and simple

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I tend to agree with this previous post. I am booked on the Regal for January 21st and have not asked for any extra on board credit.. When I agree to a price for a cruise and was happy with that price I do not look to change that price for something that will not at all effect my cruise experience.

I believe in being honest all the time and being honest this change will not effect my cruise at all.

Hope you all enjoy spending your new found OBC.

Princess first told me that I was given the credit but when checking my personalizer it never appeared under "Payments & Credits".

My TA also assured me that they had applied it but it was under a "special services area" which I could not find and it couldn't be listed with the other cabin credit. :confused:

Finally this morning I talked to another agent who knew what the problem was & corrected the situation. :)

The last thing I want to do is get on the ship & have to argue with the PSD about cabin credit. :(

Today I received 100 pp OBC for the 20 Mar cruise although it did take two attempts. It did show up on the personalizer as "Customer Goodwill". I all ready have OBC for ***** for the 18 Feb (on booking sheet $100pp) cruise but not on the personalizer. So the next mission is to get that on the personalizer. I decided not to even ask for it on the 19 Jan cruise since we booked that cruise last week.

Today I received 100 pp OBC for the 20 Mar cruise although it did take two attempts. It did show up on the personalizer as "Customer Goodwill". I all ready have OBC for ***** for the 18 Feb (on booking sheet $100pp) cruise but not on the personalizer. So the next mission is to get that on the personalizer. I decided not to even ask for it on the 19 Jan cruise since we booked that cruise last week.

Our friend received it for 2 Royal trips on Jan 19th and 29th but not for his first one on Jan 9th. I think it was that when he booked it at the last moment they had already decided that the ***** wasn't going to be an option. He got a last minute deal for the Jan 9th trip and it was to good to pass up. (inside cabin)

Mine does show up on my personalizer under payments and credits and specifically states it is "customer goodwill"

I tend to agree with this previous post. I am booked on the Regal for January 21st and have not asked for any extra on board credit.. When I agree to a price for a cruise and was happy with that price I do not look to change that price for something that will not at all effect my cruise experience.

I believe in being honest all the time and being honest this change will not effect my cruise at all.

Well said.

Wow does Princess ever love your attitude.

You could always ask for it & donate it to someone who will put it to good use. ;)

Any extra OBC will always effect our cruise experience.

Shareholder . Military , TA , Group Amenity , Cruiseline promo , now this !

Allows us to partake in things that we would possibly avoid onboard and shore tours.

It would be less of an experience for us without them .

Edited by MCC retired

Wow does Princess ever love your attitude.

You could always ask for it & donate it to someone who will put it to good use. ;)

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this subject. The lack of ***** is not going to affect my enjoyment and I can't imagine calling Princess and saying it will just to get $100 OBC (no matter how much I could use it). Not wealthy, but just honest.

Congratulations. You'll probably be the only person on the ship who didn't take the money.

It'll keep up my Princess stock price. :)

Today I received 100 pp OBC for the 20 Mar cruise although it did take two attempts. It did show up on the personalizer as "Customer Goodwill". I all ready have OBC for ***** for the 18 Feb (on booking sheet $100pp) cruise but not on the personalizer. So the next mission is to get that on the personalizer. .

If anybody is still having problems getting your OBC to show up under Payments and Credits, here is the deal.

If the agent granting you the OBC for no ***** makes a manual adjustment for the OBC then it can not be seen under Payments and Credits in your personalizer. However if the agent selects the button "Customer Goodwill" instead then it will show up in your personalizer. I had them change the manual adjustment ***** OBC for our 18 Feb Royal cruise to a "Customer Goodwill" entry so I could see it.

If anybody is still having problems getting your OBC to show up under Payments and Credits, here is the deal.

If the agent granting you the OBC for no ***** makes a manual adjustment for the OBC then it can not be seen under Payments and Credits in your personalizer. However if the agent selects the button "Customer Goodwill" instead then it will show up in your personalizer. I had them change the manual adjustment ***** OBC for our 18 Feb Royal cruise to a "Customer Goodwill" entry so I could see it.

That's what first happened on my first call. After calling my TA, she contacted them & they told her I definitely had the credit but they couldn't change the location so I could view it.

My third call was successful & I finally found someone at Princess who knew the solution.

Somehow seeing in in the personalizer assures me that it's been applied and not just promised.

Now if they could only get Barclay to have their OB credit shown as well, I'd be much happier. :D

This may cause me to get flamed but oh well...Why is it that all of you think that it is ok to hold a cruise line up for money because the ***** will not be available on your cruise?? The ***** or lack thereof truly has no impact on whether or not you will enjoy your cruise...I'm a techie and would like to try the new technologies the ***** provides, but to insist that the cruise line give me money because it is not going to be on my cruise is extortion plain and simple

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Like +100

Sent from my iPhone using Forums