Is 1 1/2 hour layover in Reykjavík long enough?

pmnb29

I’m looking at flights from Seattle to Copenhagen on Iceland Air. The layover in Reykjavik is either 1 hour, 1 1/2 hours or 12 hours. I’m wondering if an hour and a half is really long enough. We’ve never been through Iceland and not sure what to expect there. Do we need to go through customs or immigrations? Thanks for any advice.

Try the Iceland TripAdvisor board as well, but I think it's probably long enough. The airport is small, and generally efficient at check points. That said, it has had significant growing pains with the swell of tourists going to Iceland and can get crowded. I haven't been in 18 months, so perhaps things have changed for the worse.

As others have noted, it's a small airport and they handle immigration very efficiently. 1 1/2 hours would almost be too long, given that we found that there was almost nowhere to sit in the airport! The terminal was basically just walls and people, with boarding lines criss-crossing each other.