Sea sickness

LesleySP

For anyone worried about sea sickness, I have been amazed! For someone that has suffered with it for years, I haven’t felt it once on the Celebrity Eclipse and believe you me, I was well prepared! Complete waste of pre cruise money, I haven’t needed it once!! The stabilization on these ships is excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m very happy you’re having no issues! Being somewhat susceptible myself, I always pack OTC chewable Bonine (meclizine) and avoid forward cabins. Perhaps I’m being overly cautious. Happy sailing:cool:

Of course, if you just ask at guest services, they will give you bonine (or equivalent) free......they've done that for years.

Of course, if you just ask at guest services, they will give you bonine (or equivalent) free......they've done that for years.

We too have a cabin towards the aft as advised but we have spent time all over the ship and it’s been great! [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you take bonine after you start feeling the effects, it's too late! To me, it's worth it to take some the day before embarkation and keep it in my system just in case. Most sailings are smooth but when there's bad weather/choppy seas it can be a different story.

We have been cruising for 20 years.

At first, we suffered from seasickness.

Then we discovered Bonine.

We take it every night before bed, starting the night before the cruise.

I can't recommend it enough!

There have been rough seas when some pax didn't make it to the dining room. We were surprised, because we felt fine.

They are small, chewable, fruity tasting and do not interfere with eating or drinking in any way.

The S class ships ride more smoothly than the M class ships. But no one who suffers from seasickness should assume you are always without issues on S class. I have had some rough seas on S class ships and needed medication and other remedies to keep from getting green. A lot also depends on location. One time we had the lovely S1 suite at the back corner of the ship - a splurge that is rare for us. I loved the room but despite relatively calm seas that room was rocking back and forth a lot. Almost made me regret staying there.

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I would hate to see someone read this post, assume they are fine on S class, and then hit some rough seas or have a room with quite a bit of motion and find out the hard way that all ships can make you seasick if the circumstances are right.