Does Celebrity 'match' lower price from online travel agent?

jasm8449

I have a quote from an online travel agency for a cruise I booked on board. They are offering the exact booking, with all terms and perks remaining the same (gratuities and $100 OBC), for about $300 less than Celebrity is charging. Should I just transfer it, or is there any use in seeing if Celebrity will match it with either a discount or OBC? Do they do that?

I have a quote from an online travel agency for a cruise I booked on board. They are offering the exact booking, with all terms and perks remaining the same (gratuities and $100 OBC), for about $300 less than Celebrity is charging. Should I just transfer it, or is there any use in seeing if Celebrity will match it with either a discount or OBC? Do they do that?

If you are comfortable (knowing all their policies) using the online TA transfer your booking. Celebrity isn't going to price match, discount or offer additional OBC.

I book with a TA that has an office and phone and his service is one to one. Also it's certified by Celebrity to offer the service.

My TA never receive money from me, all charges to the CC are made by Celebrity. They receive the commission for giving the service to the customer.

I monitor rates in Celebrity Web Page and when I see a price drop ask for the Upgrade or Credit. For this Celebrity will only accept the prices published by them.

Merry Christmas

I recently was able to negotiate an additional $700 in OBC (beyond the included $300 OBC) with =X= for an 8-day southern Caribbean cruise where the online TA was offering an additional $1,025 of OBC for a Sky Suite. While =X= didn’t exactly match the online TA’s deal, I felt more comfortable in booking directly with =X= and the total of $1K in OBC seemed very reasonable to me.

That TA is most likely offering a group booking.

Not necessarily. A line's top producing TAs may get pass-through incentive funds to share with customers and/or may share commissions in the form of refundable OBC or rebate or seemingly discounted price and/or coverage of tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recently was able to negotiate an additional $700 in OBC (beyond the included $300 OBC) with =X= for an 8-day southern Caribbean cruise where the online TA was offering an additional $1,025 of OBC for a Sky Suite. While =X= didn’t exactly match the online TA’s deal, I felt more comfortable in booking directly with =X= and the total of $1K in OBC seemed very reasonable to me.

Looks like you got a very good deal due to the hurricane. This proves that it never hurts to ask...of course you did not share any other details, but if you are happy, that is all that matters!