Guarantee Cabins

wlewis5038

If you book the penthouse and royal suite it is very possible. In fact a good price.

You don't book the penthouse or Royal suite as a "Guarantee".

I do find it interesting that the OP hasn't come back with any answers as to their $26000 outlay

After reading this thread I'm getting really worried about the B2B South Pacific and New Zealand cruise we booked for Mar '19. We wanted the cruise to be in the fall of '19 but the itineraries were't what we wanted so we had to book the cruise in March instead. Most of the S1 sky suites were already taken but we were able to book aft suite 9299 for the Fiji cruise. For the New Zealand cruise no S1 was available so we took a S1 gty for 20K. I was told not to worry, that after the TAs release their cabins they would rebook us into a cabin we could stay in the whole time, but they couldn't guarantee it. We booked a S1 gty for this March on Reflection and got a great location and saved $800 so we figured it would be OK but now I'm not so sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When the cabin is assigned. check the location and configuration with the plans. If you do not agree you can call to request a change to the cabin you choose from the same category assigned.

This is true from the US, but definitely not from the UK, where you have to accept the initial allocation. Not sure about other countries.

Stuart

If you are spending $26,000 for a cruise I doubt you would be booking a guarantee. Most guarantees, even for suites, are less than $4,000 on the exciting deals I've seen.

If you see a guarantee on a suite for less than $4000 please post it on these boards. I'm being serious, not snarky. I would love to grab a suite for less than $4000 (7 day or longer), and would be happy to take my chances on location. I never see GTYs that low on suites on any of my cruises (mostly Caribbean, Alaska, Pacific Coastal) and would jump on them in a minute at that price!

In our seventy or so cruises on various lines we have probably booked guarantees 10% of the time. We have always wound up with decent cabins, although once on Celebrity we were given a stateroom

with an obstructed view. A call to Celebrity got that remedied quickly. If cabin location is not important, and to us it isn't, a guarantee can be a good choice.

I don't believe cruise lines purposely set out to screw passengers. Several years ago my wife won a seven day cruise in a balcony cabin on Celebrity. I assumed we'd get the worse cabin on the ship. Not so. We were assigned a very nice mid range balcony. There assignments are based on availability, I suspect, not with malice.

Like everything else it all depends. Most of the time we have received an assignment in days or maybe a week but sometimes it's goes on for some weeks and countless checks to see if an assignment has been made. Some folks on Cruise Critic have said they didn't get it until they were on the dock but that's never happened to us

Like everything else it all depends. Most of the time we have received an assignment in days or maybe a week but sometimes it's goes on for some weeks and countless checks to see if an assignment has been made. Some folks on Cruise Critic have said they didn't get it until they were on the dock but that's never happened to us

If we booked through a TA, would I need to check with her, or is there somewhere on the Celebrity website I could check myself?

Never mind! Just found it on the Celebrity website. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by iujen94

I switched my booking from an assigned cabin to a GTY over 10 days ago for a sailing the end of January. Still no assignment. Usually would be assigned by now but there are no cabins available for sale in this category so I'm sure they are trying to upsell some people to make room. I hope to have an assignment in the next week but realize we could find out at the dock.