Diamond is cruising Fiordland today Christmas Eve

WOW a busy day ...lots of people with everything closed.:rolleyes:

Fear nor David, Dunedinites will step up to the plate.

While passengers arriving on Christmas Day will not have the full quota of tourist activities usually on offer, many operators, tourist shops and food outlets have stepped up to make sure they will be catered for.

Dunedin i-Site visitor centre manager Louise van de Vlierd said tourism operators from Larnach Castle to Olveston, as well as literary tours and various bus tours, would be working.

A Pacific Showcase would entertain with cultural performances in the Dunedin Community Gallery in Princes St.

Cadbury World would be open, but was close to being booked out yesterday, and some city food outlets would be open.

Five shops in Port Chalmers had indicated they would open.

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/christmas-cruise-ships-keep-city-busy

Hi Kiwi Kruzer, just wondering if you have changed the way you share photos aver the past few days, all of a sudden I can't see them any more, I can still see what you posted on the 20th but the last couple of days photos just show as a small box with a cross in it.

Diamond is in the Fiords today, which means Dunedin tomorrow. Also scheduled for Dunedin tomorrow, Christmas Day , is Ovation of the Seas.

WOW a busy day ...lots of people with everything closed.:rolleyes:

24_fiord_1.jpg

24_fiord_2.jpg

Thanks David. I hope that some things will be open for them, otherwise most will still stay on the ship.

The Otago Daily Times reported today (Boxing Day) that 15 bus loads of cruise ship passengers visited Larnachs Castle yesterday.

ODT also reported that many shops were open, a lot of the passengers thanked the retailers for opening on Christmas Day.

A couple of Diamond Princess passengers, from the USA made front page news by helping out at the Community Dinner held at the Town Hall.