Cruise Rates - Different from other parts of the word

Is there any truth that (currency exchange considered) Cruise Rates are different if booked from other parts of the world? I've heard this info from someone coming from Ireland. I thought cruise rates would be the regardless of origin. I surely appreciate everyone's input.

RCL engages in price optimisation. Prices are different in each territory based upon what people are willing to pay. Also RCL has to comply with the legislation in each country where they operate - here prices must be all inclusive; consumers are allowed to rely upon not needing to read fineprint to find extra charges like gratuities nd so they are not charged. Prices did not go up or down because of this - they are sent to be the maximum locals will tolerate given the number of customers RCL wants to attract.

Generally cruise lines do not go to much effort to stop the grey market. We’re often Nevadan residents for cruising purposes despite we’ve never been there and with the exception of the odd visit to Disneyland tend to opt for safer countries to visit on holiday.

Is there any truth that (currency exchange considered) Cruise Rates are different if booked from other parts of the world? I've heard this info from someone coming from Ireland. I thought cruise rates would be the regardless of origin. I surely appreciate everyone's input.

Rates are different because what included in the fare. In Australia the daily charge is included in the fare.

Huge differences!

On the cruise I’m watching, I can now see an YO Gty OV solo for £1334 (which is $1774) where as in USA the cheapest price is $2529!

A rare occasion when England is cheaper than the USA!

Happy Christmas to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk