Best Falmouth Beach Excursion

reefdmain

Well, your last comment pretty much kills it. "no moochers". I have been on multiple Jamaica excursions and there is always an element of this. Just ignore them and you are usually OK. Never personally had a problem. I personally like the 'get a really good chair by the pool and listen to music with bartenders that are not busy' excursion. Also too, you can hop off real quick and get some decent local cuisine in the port and get back to your pool time!! Good luck and have fun. Experiences are always good!

I thought you cant get to Red Stripe beach anymore.A large hotel chain took it over, at least thats what I read on the port boards

If someone could double check this that would be great

That would be great, maybe they would have a reasonably priced day pass and keep out the moochers.

I saw a clip of a news report about Falmouth complaining they were not getting as much revenue off of the port as they expected. Blamed the cruise lines for cheating them. Wake up Mon. It is because Jamaica is a terrible cruise destination. Teach your people some manners. You catch more flies with honey than with your insults, mooching and pushy marketing. End of rant, until next time!

I saw a clip of a news report about Falmouth complaining they were not getting as much revenue off of the port as they expected. Blamed the cruise lines for cheating them. Wake up Mon. It is because Jamaica is a terrible cruise destination. Teach your people some manners. You catch more flies with honey than with your insults, mooching and pushy marketing. End of rant, until next time!

Agreed 100% !

Jamaica is a slum that just happens to be located on a pretty island. Any place that has to have resorts surrounded by huge brick walls, barbed wire and security, they can keep.

Its the inhabitants that make it a hell hole -- unfortunately. Keep dat ganja smellin island all 2 yaselves .. .. Me gon stayyy on da ship dot day!

Another vote for Doctor's Cave Beach Club, or Aquasol. Both are located in Montego Bay, which you can easily reach by taxi. These places charge an entry fee to get to the beach, so there will be no moochers. When you are there avoid the Old Fort Craft Park. If you want real Jamaican food go to the Pork Pit, located across the street from Aquasol. (Not sure if Aquasol is open at the moment.)

Must say it looks nice. But no idea on the truth of the matter.

Really nice A-I.....booked through resort for a day or shore excursioneer.

We used to think Jamaica was an awful port until we discovered the all-inclusives. Now we love going to Jamaica!

Edited by ptf2009
spelling

We did not go to Jewel Runaway Bay Resort for a shore excursion, but our family was there in early November 2017 for a wedding, and we loved this resort. Beautiful grounds, lovely beach with snorkeling right off the beach just out a ways and no intrusions from locals bugging you to buy, a water park with a lazy river and water slides, good food and drinks. I highly recommend it!