Drink package

highmer

Are they worth it??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only you can answer that, and much more data is needed.

General rule - 4-8 drinks per day, if you are only talking about alcohol and don't use any of the other things included (pop, specialty coffees, virgin drinks, fresh squeezed juice). The reason it can be 4-8 is depending on whether you only drink beer (more like 8) to only frozen concoctions (more like 4).

Other factors - Is it on sale? Do you like to have a more all-inclusive feel, meaning order what you want, when you want it without worrying about cost.

Even if they are not worth it I don't mind paying for peace of mind that I'm not gonna have a super expensive day because I over indulged or held back because I was worrying about the cost. Just me though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That is where we are at as well. I know my wife will get it, but I am still deciding for our cruise. The all-inclusive feel is very nice.

You will most likely not get value out of it.

Just pay as you go. you will be better off.

Buying just to not get a bill at the end of the cruise is completely ridiculous.

It shows a complete irresponsibility in handling money...

Online you won't have a choice, if you get it for one you have to get it for both. You may be able to get around this new rule if you call.

I understand this, and will call if that is the route we have to. I already have the refreshment package from when it was on sale.

You will most likely not get value out of it.

Just pay as you go. you will be better off.

Buying just to not get a bill at the end of the cruise is completely ridiculous.

It shows a complete irresponsibility in handling money...

Great to have your opinion, but for some it is not about whether it is cheaper or not. I may buy it, and may or not make my money back, but don't really care. If I want to go nuts and have 10 drinks in a day at $12 a pop, I will, if I have another day, where I really don't feel like drinking, so be it. It is not necessarily just a financial reason to do this. Having freedom to just order what you want, when you want it without thinking about cost adds to the relaxing nature of vacation for many people.

I could always not buy it and then I would probably either not drink, or not drink much because I don't want to see those charges every day. Still not sure what I will do for the next one.

That is where we are at as well. I know my wife will get it, but I am still deciding for our cruise. The all-inclusive feel is very nice.

Exactly!

Partner doesn't drink alcohol, and I drink very little so Refreshment package it is. Lots of delicious coffee, freshly made juice, sparkling water and sodas. Maybe even mocktails.

And the few drinks I may and may not have will just go on the card. It'll probably be less than five in a week. Maybe zero.

My husband and I think it's completely worth it for us. However, everyone is different. I know between juice at breakfast and the occasional breakfast mimosa, drinks pool side, wine at dinner and drinks during the shows that it definitely pays for itself.

Its worth it for peace of mind. Also worth it if you want to try different drinks that you typically wouldnt purchase. If you dont enjoy it, toss it and try another. I also like the fact if my drink gets warm or watered down, I can toss it and grab a fresh one. I typically have a mimosa or bloody mary in the morning, champagne with dinner, few beers during the day, and sample different liquors that I typically wouldnt buy (not a big liquor fan), so for me, the package is well worth it.

I thought it would be worth it, but you are only allotted $12 per drink. If you look at the menus, most of their speciality liquor drinks are $13. I called RC today, and they said you have to pay the difference. So even though you paid for the package, you have to continue to pay out of pocket for most specialty drinks. In my opinion, that makes it not worth it.

The alcohol pkg was too expensive for us. I did purchase two buckets of ice cold 16oz Coors Lite for 47.20 each. Eight beers in a take home insulated cooler with a bottle operer. My wife had the two bottles of wine we carried on the ship. My wife also had 2 drinks of the day for 9.00 each. Bar bill less then 120.00 :)

I thought it would be worth it, but you are only allotted $12 per drink. If you look at the menus, most of their speciality liquor drinks are $13. I called RC today, and they said you have to pay the difference. So even though you paid for the package, you have to continue to pay out of pocket for most specialty drinks. In my opinion, that makes it not worth it.

The package will cover the cost of just about every specialty drink, unless you choose to call a more expensive brand of liquor. Some ships, the drinks are $13, and the limit is $13. Other ships, the drinks are $12 and the limit is $12. You should not have any issues.

The package will cover the cost of just about every specialty drink, unless you choose to call a more expensive brand of liquor. Some ships, the drinks are $13, and the limit is $13. Other ships, the drinks are $12 and the limit is $12. You should not have any issues.

That would make more sense to me.

I have done the package on Carnival before, and they give you $50 per drink, so I wasn't sure if I would do it for RC.

When I called today, the guy wasn't exactly sure what I meant by the $12 limit, but we ended it with him saying I would pay the difference for anything higher.

Thank you for clarifying.

This might change my mind again!

Will you drink at a port? That's a big factor.

For me, no. I didn't spend any money on food or alcohol while off-ship, so I felt having the "all inclusive" feel on ship was worth it. But if I were dropping $50/day on island mojitos, I might not want to spend that on the ship, too.

That would make more sense to me.

I have done the package on Carnival before, and they give you $50 per drink, so I wasn't sure if I would do it for RC.

When I called today, the guy wasn't exactly sure what I meant by the $12 limit, but we ended it with him saying I would pay the difference for anything higher.

Thank you for clarifying.

This might change my mind again!

I'm fresh off the Oasis and can confirm drinks up to $13 are included. $14 and up, you pay the difference.

I'm fresh off the Oasis and can confirm drinks up to $13 are included. $14 and up, you pay the difference.

My fiancé and I drink a lot of rum and cokes.

From the best of your knowledge, would that be $13 and under on the Oasis?

We are traveling on the Allure in May, but the Oasis is a good reference point.

I have never done RC, only Carnival, so I am pretty out of touch when it comes to RC drink prices.

Thank you!

I have a feeling my 80yo mom and I will purchase the drink package on our Sept. '19 cruise. We like to have a mimosa for breakfast, specialty coffee (do they serve Chai Lattes?), probably a glass or 2 of wine with dinner and maybe a couple after dinner drinks at a show plus a coke or bottled water here or there. Not to mention a drink before dinner. Doesn't sound like a lot, but for our peace of mind and to make it feel a little more "all inclusive", I think it will be totally worth it.