LIVE from the 2018 HAL Grand World Voyage!

Scrapnana

Kathi,

We really enjoyed "traveling" with you as you continued the GWV after we disembarked. In reading your final thoughts, I would definitely agree with you that there are more than enough things to do on board.

We often found that, as we got into a certain pattern of participating in certain activities, such as trivia or arts and crafts, that we didn't have time to do other activities even though the cruise director staff did a great job trying not to schedule everything too close together so you could participate in more activities.

I'm sure we would have done many more activities if Jeanette hadn't become ill and had such a difficult time getting her energy level back to normal.

I look forward to reading your blogs when you go on your next adventure.

Question -- it has been a long time since we sailed on Cunard. What makes Cunard better than HAL for afternoon tea?

I agree with Roy's description of afternoon tea with one addition - on Cunard there is real brewed tea not a cup of not-quite-hot water and a tea bag.

41246851134_bce96feb77_b.jpg

41246851354_a7d68a2493_b.jpg

41246851464_f3c2dc9c94_b.jpg

Edited by Scrapnana

Is anyone else having trouble getting their baggage from FedEx. Ours is currently in Olive Branch MS, again after detours to LA, OH and CT. We live in Alaska.

Oh, the joys of living in Florida. All our bags arrived on Tuesday after the cruise. Best of luck in getting your bags off a US continental tour.

Is anyone else having trouble getting their baggage from FedEx. Ours is currently in Olive Branch MS, again after detours to LA, OH and CT. We live in Alaska.

This is interesting to read, we got off the QV South America voyage in March and had a significant delay getting our luggage from FedEx .

It was in a fort Lauderdale warehouse for a while. I had to call Cunard about the hold up. I got them just fine but it was about a week later then expected .

This is interesting to read, we got off the QV South America voyage in March and had a significant delay getting our luggage from FedEx .

It was in a fort Lauderdale warehouse for a while. I had to call Cunard about the hold up. I got them just fine but it was about a week later then expected .

Thanks for the advice. I called Holland and they said they would try to shake the bag loose from "Olive Branch, Mississippi" where it has been sitting for several days after having left Olive Branch to visit many other states.