First time on Oceania, question on coffee

mundocruiser

Correct according to my aging memory.

I second that on both counts (i.e. correct according to my failing memory as well) :D

While the machine coffee is very good, I think the one from Baristas is better.

Edited by Paulchili

You can also contact Oceania directly or through your TA and make your request in advance for your favorite non-alcoholic beverages in your cabin. They will also provide other things you may need in advance-hypoallergenic pillows, twin beds, etc. Contact specialservices@oceaniacruises.com

Mary

That's useful! thanks so much!

That's useful! thanks so much!

You can also contact Oceania directly or through your TA and make your request in advance for your favorite non-alcoholic beverages in your cabin. They will also provide other things you may need in advance-hypoallergenic pillows, twin beds, etc. Contact specialservices@oceaniacruises.com

Mary

In fact, you need to contact them if you desire less common items - such as caffeine free Diet Coke.

• 4 years later...
2 minutes ago, PSahoy said:

While on coffee subject is there a place on R ship where you can get a cup besides Barista early morning besides room service?

Horizons& the  Terrace  have the self serve machines

3 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

They had plastic tops on Regatta in September. They will also use your travel mug if you bring one.

None on the Insignia this past July.   Was annoying caring it back to cabin without a top.

3 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

4 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

They had plastic tops on Regatta in September. They will also use your travel mug if you bring one.

Agree we got plastic tops at both Baristas and the coffee station in the Terrace.  Other coffee note is that on R Ships, you can ask your waiter in the GDR for a cappuccino (or latte, etc.) and they will happily get one from Baristas; they would always ask if we wanted another and another warm cup from Baristas would arrive 😋. On the O ships, Baristas is a bit of a walk so kinda doubt it but then, never asked.  Perhaps other restaurants have a machine though probably not as good as Baristas?

I found that the regular coffee served in the Terrace and MDR is like drinking yesterday's dish water.  It is terrible.  After a few days, I gave up drinking coffee.  The other problem is that you cannot get a regular coffee at Baristas, it is all frou-frou coffee or an Americano.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2018 at 11:26 PM, Kate-AHF said:

And like Viking, and HAL in the suites. I'm with you. I'm up and wanting my first cup at 4:30 - 5am. DH is NOT awake then, and if I call room service, he's going to be. It's also great for making a cup of chamomile at 2am if I can't sleep. I'd be happy to rent one over the course of a cruise. It seems like such a little thing, but it would mean a lot to me.

If you're up at 4:30 am on vacation, then as my wife likes to say, "you're doing it wrong." 😉 (Only kidding, people can get up anytime they like....)

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, rbtan said:

Oceania has some of the best coffee around & it's not charged extra for. The Illy brand is excellent, but so is all the other coffee offered.

Agree, if from Baristas. MDR coffee is awful. The best coffee I ever had on a cruise was this past July on a uniworld river cruise in Germany.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

Oceania has some of the best coffee around & it's not charged extra for. The Illy brand is excellent, but so is all the other coffee offered.

What other brands do they use??

Have only seen Illy