Early flight out of Orlando after Oasis?

adamrosie

Hi,

A few questions about post cruise things after we get back to Port Canaveral on Oasis in a few weeks:

1) Royal Caribbean is recommending the earliest flight be 12:30. I have us booked on a 12:15 flight. Should we be ok? We have tsa precheck and are flying southwest.

2) We do not want to self-disembark. We are going to have a lot of stuff and a 13 month old. Can we request an early disembarkation group? If we don’t get an early group, can we just disembark before our group is called? Who’s going to stop us?

3) We’d like to get an uber or lyft to take us back to MCO. It appears to be the most economical and most comfortable option for us. Is this easy to do? Because of all the ppl leaving the ship do they tend to enact “surge pricing?” Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should be fine with a 12:15pm flight.

You should contact Guest Services early in the cruise and request early luggage tags. If you get off before your number is called, your luggage may not be out yet and you would have to stand in a safe area while the forklifts are still bringing luggage out.

For a 12:15 flight you need to be at MCO by about 10:45 - with the ride from PC to MCO taking about an hour that translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration by about 9:30.

I would arrange for private transport or a shared shuttle instead of relying upon Uber/Lyft.

I would not mess around with a rental car - you do not have time to pick up, drive, gas up, and drop off.

It is doable as long as everything goes as planned. A few things to consider....

1. You will need a car seat for your child. If you won't have one with you, pre-arranging a car service with car seat would be your best bet.

2. There is one main road from the port to the airport. Any incidents can slow or stop traffic--making the trip longer.

3. Precheck will almost definitely be shorter than the regular security line. That being said, I've waited 30+ minutes for precheck at MCO.

It is doable as long as everything goes as planned. A few things to consider....

1. You will need a car seat for your child. If you won't have one with you, pre-arranging a car service with car seat would be your best bet.

2. There is one main road from the port to the airport. Any incidents can slow or stop traffic--making the trip longer.

3. Precheck will almost definitely be shorter than the regular security line. That being said, I've waited 30+ minutes for precheck at MCO.

We will have our car seat.

We did self disembark and had a car service..it was seamless we were at the airport by 9:30 am...Our car service was excellent and we used them b/c we didn't want to have our carseats with us...they supplied a carseat and two booster seats.....Orlando Airport Town Car Service...

Yes, you can make the 12:15 flight. Just off Oasis today and did the luggage valet service to MCO. We walked off the ship at 8am, through custom fairly quickly, and on our way to the airport by 8:15 using private car service. We were through security and at the gate by 9:45 for a noon Southwest flight.

Mco recommends arriving 3 hrs early. However with pre check in I am sure less is fine. The drive is an hour in normal traffic. Most likely you will be fine. But if you are like me and you think about everything that can go wrong it maybe too stressful to attempt.