Holiday Cruising

m8zenblue

Besides the obvious, (Christmas/New Year), and the price, what if anything is special about the holiday cruise ?

Do they do special things, special menus ?

Just got off the Reflection the week before Christmas, everything was decorated.

I would love to hear from someone who has been on Celebrity during the holiday.

Is it worth the extra money ?

Thanx

Besides the obvious, (Christmas/New Year), and the price, what if anything is special about the holiday cruise ?

Do they do special things, special menus ?

Just got off the Reflection the week before Christmas, everything was decorated.

I would love to hear from someone who has been on Celebrity during the holiday.

Is it worth the extra money ?

Thanx

Many, many families travel with children on holiday cruises. Some love it, some not so much!

We've done a Christmas only cruise (14 night) and a Christmas/New Years cruise (same-14 night). We paid a bit more for the 2 holiday cruise and a little bit more for the just Christmas cruise. In our opinion (and we are a frugal (not cheap)) we felt that the premium was worth it, Yes, there were a lot of kids on board, but except for 1 set of pre-teen terrors on an elevator, all of the children were well behaved and made the holiday more fun (we don't have children). We especially enjoyed the NYE celebration. I think they had a special menu for Christmas (sorry, can't remember what) but we really enjoyed that cruise.

But I checked the prices lately for these cruises and the premium is up there. We haven't done one since 2014 because of the cost. But we would love to do another one of these days. Probably book it after the final payment is due.