Included refreshments

Beverages are  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Beverages are

• too expensive
    • about right
    • too low
    • should be included in the price

i have looked at the refreshment packages on Radiance of the Seas and I do not expect to spend over $400 on soft drinks and coffees on an eleven night cruise. Can someone advise me what drinks are included in the cruise price, and maybe a price list for non-alcoholic drinks including coffee if purchased separately.

i have looked at the refreshment packages on Radiance of the Seas and I do not expect to spend over $400 on soft drinks and coffees on an eleven night cruise. Can someone advise me what drinks are included in the cruise price, and maybe a price list for non-alcoholic drinks including coffee if purchased separately.

Full price of the refreshment package is $26 plus 18% gratuity. Keep your eyes peeled for the very frequent sales - it often decreases to $19.

$19 would be $247, $26 would be $337.

Where does the $400 come from ?

I forget... if you don't buy a package, is your water really from a tap or a bottle? I previously had gotten the package so I don't know what everyone else got. I'm not getting one this time around.

If you don’t buy a package, you’re getting tap water, which itself can be from various sources.

I wait to buy the refreshment package until it drops to $18 per person, per day. DH and I always get our value from the package, between coffees, sparkling water, bottled water, diet soda, freshly squeezed orange juice, coffee with dinner. I like having that option.

Fountain soda is cheap for cruise line. Less than 25 a glass. From what I understand this line you don't even have someone serve you all the time so even less. Of course charge for alcoholic beverages Special coffees much more goes into those than just coffee. But really you have people who have no choice.

I would never pay for it. In my day to day life I rarely drink anything but water. And since I plan all vacations for my family they do not get to have it either. I think it is completely insane to spend that much money on something so bad for you.

Fountain soda is cheap for cruise line. Less than 25 a glass. From what I understand this line you don't even have someone serve you all the time so even less. Of course charge for alcoholic beverages Special coffees much more goes into those than just coffee. But really you have people who have no choice.

The soda package by itself is only 9$ per day, which is right in line with pretty much any restaurant, other than fast food, where it is normally $3 per time. Do three meals a day and you have your $8. It is cheap, but many people can go without.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

I think everybody would love lower prices, but in the end, I think they are just fine. In line with many resorts areas around the US. Nice to have the option for packages.

I agree totally. Not only resorts but night clubs and lounges that provide a lot more than just a place to have a drink.

I don't agree with the "everyone in the stateroom must buy an alcohol package" since my wife never drinks any alcoholic beverages, but I guess that is the result of various practices that shall remain unsaid...:(

bosco

I agree totally. Not only resorts but night clubs and lounges that provide a lot more than just a place to have a drink.

I don't agree with the "everyone in the stateroom must buy an alcohol package" since my wife never drinks any alcoholic beverages, but I guess that is the result of various practices that shall remain unsaid...:(

bosco

If you don't drink alcohol, you can call and only get it for one person. I just did it for my wife, and all they said was other adults need to have some sort of drink package. I already had the refreshment myself, so they said, no problem, and just took the order for my wife.

I would never pay for it. In my day to day life I rarely drink anything but water. And since I plan all vacations for my family they do not get to have it either. I think it is completely insane to spend that much money on something so bad for you.

And for people who prefer something different, would you tell them they are insane? :confused:

If you don't drink alcohol, you can call and only get it for one person. I just did it for my wife, and all they said was other adults need to have some sort of drink package. I already had the refreshment myself, so they said, no problem, and just took the order for my wife.

The issue I have is:

I DO DRINK ALCOHOL my wife doesn't.

I have been told by several RCCL agents that IF ONE person in the stateroom gets an ALCOHOL package, all those above 21 in the same stateroom MUST purchase the ALCOHOL package as well..

I understand that the same rules do not apply to the other NON ALCOHOL packages.

From a few posts I think there is some form of confusion on the part of RCCL staff.

It seems like some people can get the Alcohol package for only ONE person and some CANNOT. ???

bosco

Yes I wondered about this!? I don’t really drink .... but my husband likes to have a beer or two - I don’t want to have to purchase a alcohol package for both of us because of their rule... does anyone know if we are allowed to take a certain number of bottles of wine or champagne with us in our luggage? I had heard we were allowed 2 but can’t find anything in writing..

Yes I wondered about this!? I don’t really drink .... but my husband likes to have a beer or two - I don’t want to have to purchase a alcohol package for both of us because of their rule... does anyone know if we are allowed to take a certain number of bottles of wine or champagne with us in our luggage? I had heard we were allowed 2 but can’t find anything in writing..

You are allowed two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom, regardless of the number of people in the stateroom.

Also, two beers a day would not warrant an alcohol package, so you don't have to be concerned about the new rule.

Edited by Host Clarea

Call it "ice water"...because it's served over ice (also made with the ship's water!) and it's tasty. It's water...same as in the bottles!

Not the same water that I buy. I get actual spring water, not municipal water. If I bought dasani then that would be silly. But I don’t.

A beer or two, if that’s per day, won’t make the alcohol package worth it.

Too expensive, I get revenue streams,but as a competitor to all inclusive l(among others) it is really nice to pay one price and not have another $500 touch

What cruise lines are you looking at that are truly ALL inclusive? Soda, bottled water, sparking water, espresso-based beverages, Tazo tea, fresh squeezed OJ...what ships do you get all of that included?

Not the same water that I buy. I get actual spring water, not municipal water. If I bought dasani then that would be silly. But I don’t.

A beer or two, if that’s per day, won’t make the alcohol package worth it.

What cruise lines are you looking at that are truly ALL inclusive? Soda, bottled water, sparking water, espresso-based beverages, Tazo tea, fresh squeezed OJ...what ships do you get all of that included?

There are some lines that do, but they are way more expensive than buying the packages on Mass market lines.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Referring to All inclusive, but if a cruise line (besides Celebrity) offered a package which included the good stuff and not house brands I could change my mind. I will order a drink or a glass if wine when so inclined knowing full well I won't spend $100 in a week or even 2 on board

Norwegian Sky is now all open-bar, on every sailing. Fare prices are higher than NCL's average for a ship of that size and age...but a bit less than if you added an alcohol package to the base price.

I think Regent Seven Seas is an all-inclusive line, among others.