A Regal Review - December 10th - 17th to the Eastern Caribbean

Guest arowe6

Guest arowe6
If you have more than one main entree it’s an extra $10.

It’s been like that for a year maybe?

The lobster is gross and rubbery there, in my opinion. So we don’t get it but you can get extra appetizers at no cost

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I should also mention that there is the extra $10 charge to order an entree to split as an appetizer, INSTEAD of ordering 2 appetizers.

IE - every cruise we’ll get a mussels pot (my fave!) as an appetizer to split, instead of order 2 appetizers. This cruise, we were told it would still be a $10 charge even though we weren’t ordering appetizers. Ok then.... :rolleyes:

-Andrew

Guest arowe6
Hi Andrew, thanks for checking back in and replying!! I appreciate it and always love your reviews!

I’ll be curious to hear how you like either of the other lines. Right now all the cruises we have booked are on Princess but I’m starting to look into Oceania and Regent. I’m not sure I want to pay that much extra yet. I just know I don’t want the masses of kids on Royal Caribbean and Carnival (even though I have my own kids) [emoji23]

I’ve briefly considered Celebrity but the reviews are mixed about their service and food. I think the class of ship makes a difference so I think I need to start researching them as well [emoji6]

Thanks again

Jenny

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the same page with you, especially about Regent. I keep looking at it entries... but the prices........ Can’t pull myself to book one yet. Maybe one day!

Guest arowe6
Thanks Andrew, Great photo and your review was Excellent. I totally agree with you about Princess it’s not the cruise line it once was. Sad to say.

Tony

I’m all for evolving. Times are a changin’ and I get it. But this cruise, more than all the others, felt like a totally different cruise line. Which, for me, is very sad because it’s not the cruise line I fell in love with so many years ago.

Maybe it was just a fluke??? Maybe Princess will read these threads and see the comments from the Princess diehards?? I dont’ know, but I’m hoping it all gets better (and not worse....)

Thanks,

-Andrew :)

Guest arowe6
Andrew, thanks for the info. we are in priority lounge now waiting to board. instead of an entree to share, we might ask for an additional dessert instead and see what happens.

Have an amazing time!!! Eat (and drink) up!!

I’m all for evolving. Times are a changin’ and I get it. But this cruise, more than all the others, felt like a totally different cruise line. Which, for me, is very sad because it’s not the cruise line I fell in love with so many years ago.

Maybe it was just a fluke??? Maybe Princess will read these threads and see the comments from the Princess diehards?? I dont’ know, but I’m hoping it all gets better (and not worse....)

Thanks,

-Andrew :)

So very sad to hear you say that cruise felt like a “totally different cruise line.” Many things have changed in the relatively short time, 10 years, that we have been sailing Princess. Although the loyalty benefits are wonderful, I have been seriously feeling the need to try another line. It is sad for me, but it would not hurt Princess one bit. Their ships will still sail full!

Andrew, I look forward to hearing about your experiences on Princess, as well as other lines! It is truly a pleasure to read your reasonable and heartfelt posts.

Andrew love your review and photos, WTG. You said everything I feel about Princess, so sad that our favorite cruise line has decided to take this route. :mad: We too are looking at Oceania, pay up front and be done with it, hate the nickel and dimeing and below par customer service. I think we’ll be paying a long time for the “Medallion” . Let us know if you try “X”. Looking forward to your reviews :D

I should also mention that there is the extra $10 charge to order an entree to split as an appetizer, INSTEAD of ordering 2 appetizers.

IE - every cruise we’ll get a mussels pot (my fave!) as an appetizer to split, instead of order 2 appetizers. This cruise, we were told it would still be a $10 charge even though we weren’t ordering appetizers. Ok then.... :rolleyes:

-Andrew

Ugh!! That’s terrible but they probably only control the main entree output [emoji19]

It’s why the appetizers themselves can be multiple [emoji849]

I do love the mussel pot! If we go more than once to Crown Grill (which we usually do) then I get that as my main on the second night [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
Guest arowe6
More like someone's handkerchief since it was white linen and probably washed with the sheets!!!

Thanks again for posting such a great review.

Carolyn.... we're headed back on the Regal on December 2nd. Will you be making an appearance...?

-a

Carolyn.... we're headed back on the Regal on December 2nd. Will you be making an appearance...?

-a

Hi!!!!!

Why don't you send me an email!

Edited by Host CJSKIDS