two nights post cruise out of POM

Emmabelle

We are flying in and out of MIA and taking a cruise on DCL on May 9th. We have two nights post cruise when we get back into POM.

I would like a beach location hotel in either Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, even Hollywood, probably under $300 a night before taxes, parking and resort fees. I know Miami probably isn't doable for that price so I don't mind staying in Ft. Lauderdale or a surrounding area. We also have a rental car so we can drive to restaurants.

Any suggestions?

Yes, consider Lago Mar Resort in Fort Lauderdale.

http://www.lagomar.com

We have stayed there a few times.

It has a lovely beach with some activities.

It is near a residential area so you can't walk to restaurants but since you noted you have the rental car it will be perfect.

I highly recommend it.

I looked up rates for when you would be there and for less then $300.00 before taxes and any other fees you could get a room with a breakfast package.

Keith

In May you should be able to find Miami Beach hotels for under $300/night. If you stay in Miami Beach you will not need (or want) a rental car.

Travelling as a couple? With kids? A few more details will help the suggestions to be closer to your target.

I'd choose Miami Beach/ south beach for you if you haven't been.. Check out pricing on your dates. I agree there should be some good choices. And lots to do in walking distance if you stay around 17th street and south.

Another option is the newer Margaritaville Resort in Hollywood. Not sure of pricing then.

I ended up booking Margaritaville on Hollywood Beach. It looked nice and new and I want to be on the beach. I got it for $285 a night with taxes and fees.

I booked The Palms Hotel and Spa for the night before. Our plane lands at 11am so I was thinking we would have enough time to enjoy it. It was $280 a night with taxes and fees.

Hopefully it will be as good as I'm expecting it to be!

I ended up booking Margaritaville on Hollywood Beach. It looked nice and new and I want to be on the beach. I got it for $285 a night with taxes and fees.

I booked The Palms Hotel and Spa for the night before. Our plane lands at 11am so I was thinking we would have enough time to enjoy it. It was $280 a night with taxes and fees.

Hopefully it will be as good as I'm expecting it to be!

I LOVE the Margaritaville Resort! My husband and I had to see one of his agents in Hollywood a couple of weeks ago and ended up spending the day at the resort. Don't miss the waterway bar for happy hour. The sunsets are spectacular!