Universe Lounge on Coral-is there live music on the upper level?

susiesan

I am looking at booking a cabin on Emerald deck 8 that would be right above the upper level of the Universe Lounge. As I am very sensitive to noise when trying to sleep I'd like to know if there is live loud music played here at night? If so, how late does it go? Or does the loud live music go on at the lower level on Fiesta deck.

How noisy is the upper level of the Universe Lounge affecting the cabins on the deck above?

Like vmom said the "upper level" is really just balcony level seating that doesn't go around the entire lounge (it would obviously not work over the stage area!) so all entertainment goes on below. The stage is along the aft wall of the venue. We did 17 days on Coral and I don't recall any late night stuff going on in that venue but I could be mistaken. On the Bayou will be performed in that venue and I definitely recommend that you catch the show. It's only performed on Coral and Island and, since they mangled Island to add more cabins, it's performed in the Princess theater on that ship which isn't as good. The show was designed for the Universe Lounge.

I wouldn't personally worry about your location but I also don't go to be early. I think you will likely be fine but everybody is different. Enjoy your cruise. I love Coral Princess.

I am looking at booking a cabin on Emerald deck 8 that would be right above the upper level of the Universe Lounge. As I am very sensitive to noise when trying to sleep I'd like to know if there is live loud music played here at night? If so, how late does it go? Or does the loud live music go on at the lower level on Fiesta deck.

How noisy is the upper level of the Universe Lounge affecting the cabins on the deck above?

The stage is on deck 6. The lounge is a two level lounge open to the ceiling of deck 7. There is a balcony on deck 7 to view shows with sight lines that are not very good.

In the evening the lounge has actual shows with singing and dancing like you would see in the theater, it also has comics, singers, musicians, party bands, staff run activities such as theme nights and more. During the day there is bingo, trivia, probably Zumba.

Activities and shows normally end around 11pm.

The stage is on deck 6. The lounge is a two level lounge open to the ceiling of deck 7. There is a balcony on deck 7 to view shows with sight lines that are not very good.

In the evening the lounge has actual shows with singing and dancing like you would see in the theater, it also has comics, singers, musicians, party bands, staff run activities such as theme nights and more. During the day there is bingo, trivia, probably Zumba.

Activities and shows normally end around 11pm.

That is an excellent point. The sight lines from the upper level definitely are not good unless you are right at the front. For shows such as On the Bayou I would definitely recommend arriving early to secure good seating on the lower level.

Is this space used as the late night disco on this ship? It seems that the loud music would come up through the ceiling of deck 7 into the very last cabins on deck 8 as they will be located directly above the stage. I likely won't go to bed before 11:00, it's music that goes on after that time that would be a problem for sleeping.

No, it's not. The late-night disco is in Explorer's.

My advise is to try not to be too much of a snowflake about noise. You're on a moving ship, with hundreds of people around you. There will be noise.

The noise I cannot tolerate when trying to sleep is the thumping bass of very loud music. if the Universe Lounge is mostly unused or empty after 11:00 I can deal with any noise from there prior to going to sleep.

The noise I cannot tolerate when trying to sleep is the thumping bass of very loud music. if the Universe Lounge is mostly unused or empty after 11:00 I can deal with any noise from there prior to going to sleep.

The only time out of the recent 15 day cruise that there was a production show at the Universe Lounge was the "On the Bayou" (with singing, dancing, orchestra) during ONE night, and there were two shows respectively at 6.45pm and 9.30pm. Other times there was no loud music in the evenings at this lounge.