Share Specialty Restaurant

KruzeKrazy!

Based on the preponderance if reviews we had read we were very skeptical about trying Share on our Ruby Princess cruise - part because while we like food we are not foodies (we like more plain - insert bland [emoji6] - cuisine) and part because we like Sabatini's a lot and thought we'd be tempted to compare and wish it were Sabatini's.

But try it we did and we loved it! On a scale of 1-10 we expected a 3.5 and give it a 9! It didn't get a 10 only because Crown Grill is a 10 and if we could only dine in one of those two we'd do Crown.

The service was, as expected, great but surprised we were how wonderl the food was - fine cuisine but still fully edible to our boring palates! And if a course had something we didn't care for they happily adjusted with no problem at all and with no attitude that shame on us we didn't want what they had prepared.

So if our next Princess ship has Share and not Sabatini's we would be just as happy and gladly go to Share again.

Now wishing Alfredo's was there is another matter... [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Glad you enjoyed it.

I’m not a fan, but accept that not everyone likes everything.

GUT2407 -

Believe me - we went fully expecting to not like it and still can't believe we did. That said if we never dined there again we wouldn't lament over it (like we would Crown [emoji26] ).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We had dinner at Share on Ruby Princess tonight, and I have rarely had a better meal in any restaurant on a ship or on land. If bland is your thing, you might not enjoy Share, but if you like food alive with a veritable potpourri of zesty flavors, each dish a riot of color, inventive culinary skill, and unique ingredients, you will love Share. I understand steak houses. We do eat at Crown Grill so my husband can get his steak. But we could cook steak and potatoes at home, while I could never figure out how to craft the type of taste treats offered at Share at home, and that is something I love about the restaurant. And as our OP said, they were happy to modify dishes based upon personal dietary preferences. I liked that also.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

So if our next Princess ship has Share and not Sabatini's we would be just as happy and gladly go to Share again.

You might change your mind if you ever cruise on Sun Princess. The menu is completely different to that on Ruby and Emerald, and it isn't great. :(

Great review and perfect timing for our Emerald Princess cruise in April. We were hoping that the $39 cover fee would result in a positive dining experience and based on your review we are excited not apprehensive about trying Share.:)

We weren't at all happy with SHARE.

The atmosphere left lots to be desired ... almost as if we were eating in a very bright public library.

Our food was served on the cooler side of lukewarm.

Just not a good experience for us.:(

The atmosphere left lots to be desired ... almost as if we were eating in a very bright public library.

Considering what they charge you should have sent it all back. :(

Did you tell them and send it back?

Did you tell them and send it back?

Actually when we complained about the lukewarm food, we were told it was being served at the temperature the chef wanted it served. Sort of funny. Everything was lukewarm. Things that should have been cold were lukewarm. Things that should have been hot were lukewarm. :rolleyes:

For us it was not worth our time or effort to make a big issue and not pay. Will say it was the first time ever we've had dinner in a specialty restaurant and not left an extra tip.

Actually when we complained about the lukewarm food, we were told it was being served at the temperature the chef wanted it served. Sort of funny. Everything was lukewarm. Things that should have been cold were lukewarm. Things that should have been hot were lukewarm. :rolleyes:

For us it was not worth our time or effort to make a big issue and not pay. Will say it was the first time ever we've had dinner in a specialty restaurant and not left an extra tip.

I'd have to say that you're were just to easy to accept that comment. Since you were paying I would have sent it back in an instant and if they insisted on not warming it up, just walked out & taken it up with guest services.