New Wine Packages

kennystwin

I was on the Eurodam two weeks ago, the second week for the new "Cellars" packages. I was just fine with Cellar I. I live in Ohio where wine taxes are really high. For us, the wines in Cellars I & II are priced about the same. They range from $8-$17 per bottle. So from a value standpoint, Cellar II is really not so good. But, you're on a cruise and should enjoy the wines that you prefer. Happy sailing all!

Happy new year everyone. We bought the navigator package on the HAL site. The HAL site is still only showing the two original packages. Can we change it when we get on board to get the #1 8 bottle pkg. One extra bottle and $10 cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Happy new year everyone. We bought the navigator package on the HAL site. The HAL site is still only showing the two original packages. Can we change it when we get on board to get the #1 8 bottle pkg. One extra bottle and $10 cheaper.

I don't know if this is fleet wide yet and it is strange that the HAL site hasn't been updated (I know the HAL site is slow, but seriously???).

I suspect that if the new packages are on your cruise they will either a) refund you your purchase by OBC leaving you free to charge and buy a new one or

b) tell you they have replaced the package.

No telling for sure but based on past exxperiences, those are my experiences.

I don't know if this is fleet wide yet and it is strange that the HAL site hasn't been updated (I know the HAL site is slow, but seriously???).

I suspect that if the new packages are on your cruise they will either a) refund you your purchase by OBC leaving you free to charge and buy a new one or

b) tell you they have replaced the package.

No telling for sure but based on past exxperiences, those are my experiences.

Thank you.

Just off the P'dam and they talked about this but have not seen the list before, thanks for posting. Still see my favorites under Cellar #1 so all is good in the world. Surprisingly there does not seem to be a real price increase, before Navigator 7 bottle was $199, now 8 bottles of Cellar 1 are $219.

We got the admiral last time, and I see that the whites we liked are still there, but not the reds. I will ask if there are any leftovers from the old packages on our cruise in a few weeks. Maybe there's a bottle of Wente or two somewhere.

Does anyone know if the main wine list is being tweaked, too?

I don't want to hijack this thread and put any individuals on the spot here, but if you'd be willing to give me some suggestions of what wines you've enjoyed (on the thread I started called "Recommended HAL Wines"), it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers. :wine-glass:

• 1 year later...

Be careful to inquire about Mariner discount before purchasing and check your account.  We are three star and did NOT get a discount on one of these wine packages that we ordered on the Eurodam last month.  Lesson learned, however we have never had a problem with automatic Mariner discount on any HAL ship except this one, we learned that Mariner discount is not always automatic. 

On 1/2/2018 at 4:37 PM, shrimp56 said:

There are some interesting items on both Cellar 1 & 2. Not seeing anything on Cellar 3 that would have me cough up the extra $$, even with 50% off.

we like the Hang Time  pinot and the Drylands Sauvignon and had them depending on the dinner. With 50% off they were cheaper than bringing wine on board and paying corkage. You might try them.

Edited by SeaBands

• 3 months later...