Truth or Rumor

They invested a lot of money in the terminal and I believe they have a long term lease so can't imagine they would pull a ship out unless they put a similar ship in its place. They are actually putting a 2nd ship in for the 2018 summer season so I would guess it's a profitable port. What would they replace it with? Not an Oasis class ship, which is clearly not meant for cold weather.

It’s possible that Anthem will move from NJ to a new home port in 2020. However it’s replacement will likely be the unnamed sister ship of Spectrum OTS (expected delivery in 2020) or an Icon-class ship (expected in 2022 & 2024). Spectrum is being built specifically for the Asian market & information about Icon is not public... yet.

They invested a lot of money in the terminal and I believe they have a long term lease so can't imagine they would pull a ship out unless they put a similar ship in its place. They are actually putting a 2nd ship in for the 2018 summer season so I would guess it's a profitable port. What would they replace it with? Not an Oasis class ship, which is clearly not meant for cold weather.

What will the second ship be?

If we've seen/learned anything about the Quantum class ships...it should be that nothing is "for sure".

There are a number of industry reports showing passenger results and future forecast both below expectations in the Asia market...so a change in plans for any ships deployed there in a year or further down the road shouldn't come as a shock. Supply and demand still rule ship deployments.

• 6 months later...

My bet is Anthem goes to Southhamton as she has covered outside unlike Oasis class. NCL and MSC have good and new ships from Southhamton in 2019. No brainer for me. Explorer to Florida.

Edited by Yogi21