On ship communications

Vacationdreamer<><

The Princess@Sea web app has a text-like component. You can text each other when connected to the ship's free intranet. Unfortunately, there are no notifications so you'll each need to check the app occasionally for messages.

Tho i can’t find the Princess @Sea in the App Store. 🤦*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is NO app. Very briefly when they first started talking about this there was an app but it was quickly discontinued. You don't need an app at all. Just open your browser and go to the URL provided for your ship in the Patter. Setup your account and it works. Very easy. If you don't want to figure it out yourself (even though it's explained in the Patter) you can have them do it for you in the Internet Cafe.

Also, if you sail on the Regal or another ship with medallion then your phone's messenger services work for free while on the ship. (Keep your phone on airplane mode and there will be no charges). This is nice because you can use iMessage, Facebook messenger, what's app and communicate with those on the ship or back home. You will also get notifications when someone sends you a message.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is NO app. Very briefly when they first started talking about this there was an app but it was quickly discontinued. You don't need an app at all. Just open your browser and go to the URL provided for your ship in the Patter. Setup your account and it works. Very easy. If you don't want to figure it out yourself (even though it's explained in the Patter) you can have them do it for you in the Internet Cafe.

Thank you for the directions. [emoji106]

Your expectations sound perfect for princess messenger

[emoji23][emoji23]

Also, if you sail on the Regal or another ship with medallion then your phone's messenger services work for free while on the ship. (Keep your phone on airplane mode and there will be no charges). This is nice because you can use iMessage, Facebook messenger, what's app and communicate with those on the ship or back home. You will also get notifications when someone sends you a message.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Crown. [emoji53]

We used Princess@Sea on the Crown last March. Messaging among 4 of us worked well. We just have to check though for any.

i found sometimes i had to refresh the page. it wasn't always obvious u needed to refresh to see new messages.

Thank you both!

Can anyone who has actually sailed on the Regal recently confirm free use of third-party message / texting apps?