Cheap tricks to avoid alcohol charges?

Awful, the wine in the lounges is definitely not worth stealing! (Although I still drink it every night [emoji3])

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too.

Since i started giving the waiter $1 a drink tip the wine tastes better.

Just read a “tip” from a cruiser on another board that he recommends suite guests bring a kitchen funnel to refill their two bottles of wine from the concierge/suite lounge supply daily. And that a $1 tip goes a long way so the lounge staff won’t say anything. Do people really do this? I am happy to pay for the alcohol package instead of having to resort to this kind of embarrassing behavior. Or is it just me who thinks this is pretty outrageous? Maybe it’s no big deal.

How about if you post a link to that post/thread?

Perhaps some here would like to visit it. :D

When DD's in-laws returned from a cruise a couple of years ago, they told of seeing someone in the Windjammer filling a coffee mug with smoked salmon every morning. By the end of the cruise, they had run out of smoked salmon. We sailed on the same ship a couple of weeks later, and it was only available on request.

I still can't figure out what you would do with that much lox.

Just read a “tip” from a cruiser on another board that he recommends suite guests bring a kitchen funnel to refill their two bottles of wine from the concierge/suite lounge supply daily. And that a $1 tip goes a long way so the lounge staff won’t say anything. Do people really do this? I am happy to pay for the alcohol package instead of having to resort to this kind of embarrassing behavior. Or is it just me who thinks this is pretty outrageous? Maybe it’s no big deal.

I am guessing that "cruiser on another board" was pulling your leg. ;)

I hope this SUITE GUEST that is on another board is also sailing on another line. Why doesn't he bring a storage cooler or carry container along and he could fill up snacks from the buffet . A wide mouth thermos would probably be in his lists of materials as he could get a quart of Cappicino to take back. He is probably the one that goes home with a set of dishes for 6 , and flatwear in his suitcase when he leaves the ship. Bob

This cheapo meets or exceeds another Cheapo we met once. Who was D+ and bragged that they never spent a cent onboard or ashore and NEVER tipped.

It does take all kinds to make a world.

The cheapos can lurk in all forms.....non tier to Pinnacle. Hopefully they are

the minority. ;)

The cheapos can lurk in all forms.....non tier to Pinnacle. Hopefully they are

the minority. ;)

I have never heard an American say anything like this but have heard several Brits bragging they spent little on a cruise or land based holiday.

Unfortunately some people get their kicks in a shameful or tightwad way.