2018 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc

jpc763

Hi all,

Sailing on the Bliss in January - YAY!! I know the officers can change pretty quickly, and i looked through the last 4-5 pages of comments so I apologize if the answer i'm looking for is hidden somewhere in the thread.

I'm looking for the officers currently on the Bliss...

Also looking for Deepak Punia's email - i lost his business card!

Loved Melvyn Lobo but saw that he switched lines :( i have his card still, with his email - which is a generic email, so I am assuming if I send a message to it, the message will be received by someone, whoever currently fills the F&B director position... Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

Hello,

here are the lastest info from the EPIC just doing the TA:

Hotel Director    Nelson Martins    8888
Assistant Hotel Director    Sayeed Razafi    8801
Food & Beverage Director    Amir Tikvesa    8900
Cruise Director    André Gaffney    7900
Executive Housekeeper    Cesar Benedit    5800
Guest Service Manager    Aminta Gomez    8802
Restaurant Manager    Davor Pikic    8902
Beverage Manager    Dejan Silavski    8960
Group Service Coordinator    Ana Roque     8805
Executive Chef    Angelito Santos    8904

THE SUN

Just off of an amazing 2 week cruise to Cuba, Panama Canal and Caribbean on the SUN.

Officers

Captain -  Kim

HD - Brian Walters * the best, but went on vacation yesterday

Asst HD - Dieter Welp - wonderful man - fairly new to NCL

F & B  - Cristain Oprea - another great one

Exec Chef - Paulo Vaz - everyone - including us - loved the food

Restaurant Mgr - Mihaela Moran -  my very favorite person on any NCL ship - amazing

Beverage Mgr - Ferdinand Pascual - great person with a great staff 

Exec Housekeeper - Angel Reid - goes above & then some when needed

Guest Services Mgr - Gary Alldredge - helped us in many ways 

Cruise Director - Jeimy Caro - did an unbelievable and awesome job.

Concierge - Yahira Suazo - One of the best we've known, right up there with the very top ones

Group Services Coordinator - Iulila Borodkina - Gave us slews of things for our raffle at the M & G. Another A+

2 great Maitre D's - Kimberly Morre (Cagney's at night) and Cipriano Baradas (La Cuchina at night)

Our only "not  amazing" was our Butler - who I shall not name.  I heard he was new???  He did everything asked and was always pleasant.  He did not anticipate or go beyond as many of the great Butlers will do.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, SuperActivityCrew said:

Hi all,

Sailing on the Bliss in January - YAY!! I know the officers can change pretty quickly, and i looked through the last 4-5 pages of comments so I apologize if the answer i'm looking for is hidden somewhere in the thread.

Loved Melvyn Lobo but saw that he switched lines 😞 i have his card still, with his email - which is a generic email, so I am assuming if I send a message to it, the message will be received by someone, whoever currently fills the F&B director position... Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

I am looking for this information also. I will be traveling in a few weeks.  Anyone have answers for us?

Thank you in advance.

We join THE BREAKAWAY on December 6 for 10 days.

This was from a few weeks ago, but things can change.....

HD - Vuk Malobabic

Asst HD  - Dia Ambida

F & B - Joao Gigante

Exec Housekeeping - Olden Forbes

CD - Daniel Cuasito

Guest Services Mgr - Gina Yunzal

Exec Chef - Kevin Green

Restaurant Mgr - Hernan Rios

On 11/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, SuperActivityCrew said:

Hi all,

Loved Melvyn Lobo but saw that he switched lines 😞 i have his card still, with his email - which is a generic email, so I am assuming if I send a message to it, the message will be received by someone, whoever currently fills the F&B director position... Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

Where did Melvyn Lobo go?

We have been on 7 different NCL Cruise Ships, some more than once. The two Hotel Directors that I will always remember are Steven Jacobsen from the USA (Chicago) on the Jewel, and Armando Da Silva from Portugal on the Spirit. These two Hotel Directors do a great job and should be commended for making sure you have an outstanding cruise. We have been on Celebrity (3), Royal Caribbean (2), Carnival (3), and Princess (1) cruise lines. There was not a Hotel Director on any of them, that even came close. I will say that Capt. Kate on the Celebrity Summit, was the Best Ship's Captain ever, though.  

Edited by morrisretired

On 11/25/2018 at 2:42 PM, Travel Junkie Judy said:

We join THE BREAKAWAY on December 6 for 10 days.

This was from a few weeks ago, but things can change.....

HD - Vuk Malobabic

Asst HD  - Dia Ambida

F & B - Joao Gigante

Exec Housekeeping - Olden Forbes

CD - Daniel Cuasito

Guest Services Mgr - Gina Yunzal

Exec Chef - Kevin Green

Restaurant Mgr - Hernan Rios

The CD on Breakaway is Armen Petrossian (the last name may be off).

Edited by EMBFlyer

8 hours ago, EMBFlyer said:

The CD on Breakaway is Armen Petrossian (the last name may be off).

The Breakaway Haven Concierge is Bowen Perreira (sp?).  He was very capable but always seemed rushed and eager to get on to whatever his next task was.

Our butler was Roberto (no last name on his card).  He was missing in action on day 1 but we finally saw him on day 2 and were able to communicate preferences regarding snacks, coffee preferences, etc.  He was a rock star from that point forward.  Came to find out he joined the ship the day we boarded so he was just in learning/catch-up mode on day 1. 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, Happy2Cruise! said:

Hi,

We will be on the Dawn in March. Does anyone know who the concierge will be?

Thanks! 

Just got off the Dawn on Sunday. The concierge was Roel something.

The only reason I know the first name is from one of the letters left in the room. He never introduced himself and never saw him around. We ate breakfast and a few lunches at Modernos (reserved for suite guests), and never saw him there either, although we saw a sign by the maître d's desk that read "concierge desk". Finally met him at the priority disembarkation briefing 2 night before departure, where he said something about not being comfortable talking to groups of people.

Such a difference from the absolutely amazing Leah, who was the concierge on the Dawn same time last year.

• Like 1

... where he said something about not being comfortable talking to groups of people.

I cannot believe that someone with that problem ever became a concierge.

We had Hanno the only time we have been in a Suite and he seemed to love that part of his job as he gave special Suite port talks.  And they were excellent.   He was also always present, for some period, in Moderno during breakfast and lunch and spoke to almost everyone there.

4 minutes ago, casofilia said:

... where he said something about not being comfortable talking to groups of people.

I cannot believe that someone with that problem ever became a concierge.

We had Hanno the only time we have been in a Suite and he seemed to love that part of his job as he gave special Suite port talks.  And they were excellent.   He was also always present, for some period, in Moderno during breakfast and lunch and spoke to almost everyone there.

Yeah, it was weird. We loved the enthusiasm Leah displayed last year when she talked to every single suite guest at Modernos and offered great & extensive port and show information every single day. There was none of that this year with this concierge.

On 11/13/2018 at 2:01 PM, Travel Junkie Judy said:

THE SUN

Just off of an amazing 2 week cruise to Cuba, Panama Canal and Caribbean on the SUN.

Officers

Captain -  Kim

HD - Brian Walters * the best, but went on vacation yesterday

Asst HD - Dieter Welp - wonderful man - fairly new to NCL

F & B  - Cristain Oprea - another great one

Exec Chef - Paulo Vaz - everyone - including us - loved the food

Restaurant Mgr - Mihaela Moran -  my very favorite person on any NCL ship - amazing

Beverage Mgr - Ferdinand Pascual - great person with a great staff 

Exec Housekeeper - Angel Reid - goes above & then some when needed

Guest Services Mgr - Gary Alldredge - helped us in many ways 

Cruise Director - Jeimy Caro - did an unbelievable and awesome job.

Concierge - Yahira Suazo - One of the best we've known, right up there with the very top ones

Group Services Coordinator - Iulila Borodkina - Gave us slews of things for our raffle at the M & G. Another A+

2 great Maitre D's - Kimberly Morre (Cagney's at night) and Cipriano Baradas (La Cuchina at night)

Our only "not  amazing" was our Butler - who I shall not name.  I heard he was new???  He did everything asked and was always pleasant.  He did not anticipate or go beyond as many of the great Butlers will do.

I loved Brian Walters he was amazing on our south amarica cruise from sandiago 

Anthony,  were we on the same South America cruise?  We went from San Diego to Buenos Aires on a B2B with Brian on the SUN.  It was one of the very best cruises ever.  Everyone was amazing.  Brian Walters is the top (as in number 1) of the list of HDs.  We have had many great ones, but he is the very best.  His 50 years with NCL show that he loves his job and his passengers.

We used to meet the concierge while still on shore in the VIP waiting area.   On our last cruise, we met her once on the ship, but it was at lunch before we left port.  It was Yahira and she proved to be amazing.   We saw her at every meal, plus she was always around and available.  I mentioned to her that I didn't think she ever rested.

I would think that the concierge should have met everyone by the end of day 1 - embarkation day.  As someone else mentioned, I would let the HD know if I had not met the concierge or Butler by the end of day one.

The nice thing about small ships is that the concierge can (and usually does) find the Suite guests at dinner each night and stop and say hello.  They are always around at breakfast and lunch.  This is our first cruise on a mega ship.  We've done our last 10  to 12 cruises on NCL in a suite so we have a general idea of what to expect.  My expectations of seeing our concierge very often are not as high as on a smaller ship.  I hope I am wrong.

Someone mentioned Hano.  What a great concierge.  He did talk about ports and was always around to help.  We loved watching him grin and duck when necessary.  Yes, he's very tall.  I could go on and on about concierges.  Our very favorite is David Contreras, then there is Carlos - king of port knowledge, Yahira, Monica, Bruno, Omar, and some that have slipped my mind.  We have never had a bad one.

Judy

Edited by Travel Junkie Judy

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 6:22 AM, old nutter said:

We sailed on the Star a few weeks ago and we found Suzana to be a bit of a mixed benefit.  She was always contactable and if you asked her directly to do something she always seemed to do her best to sort it.  She is very much not a touchy feely-person but does have a pleasant personality.  We had issues that, unlike the best concierges, she did not anticipate anything we wanted because she never established a personal relationship with us and so had to fight from behind all of the time to solve issues that need not have arisen.  That sometimes meant that unless we did things for ourselves we missed out on some meal reservation choices because we did not see her one-to-one for the first few days at all.  Her style was to prefer getting groups together and addressing them en-bloc.  We never saw her when we were dining in the evening or at breakfast, even though those times had always been ideal for contact with other concierges we have had.

She was not the worst concierge we have had, but neither was she anywhere near the best.

Hi

We also sailed on Star B2B 11/5 till 11/30.

We found Suzana to be awesome.  She was very present to us.  She actually called our suite one day when she did not see me all day to see how I was doing.  She went out of her way to get that personal relationship going.  She is super efficient, perhaps that is why she wasn't "touchy-feely"; she had an awful lot to deal with on the 11/19 cruise.  For sure she was always very friendly with us and went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed and more.