Daily Expenses On Board

tm3750

Considering you are going on vacation to have fun and let loose a bit..... If you purchase a bottle of wine at dinner and have a some drinks during the day, what amount of money do you think you would spend on a seven day cruise for two people??? I am sure it is different for all but just trying to get an idea???????????

For starters, the least expensive bottle of wine you could purchase for dinner would be around $24. If you have wine left over after dinner, your waiter will keep it and bring it out for you the next evening.

Drinks during the day vary in price. The "Drink of the Day" is usually around $5.75 in souvenier glasses, but less in plastic cups. Beer and other alcoholic beverages vary in price, as well.

It's hard to put a figure on how much to drink or to spend. Your call.:)

Considering you are going on vacation to have fun and let loose a bit..... If you purchase a bottle of wine at dinner and have a some drinks during the day, what amount of money do you think you would spend on a seven day cruise for two people??? I am sure it is different for all but just trying to get an idea???????????

Conservatively, a bottle of wine would run about $25 to $30. Depending on what kind of drinks you buy, say about $6 to $7 each including tip. So if you buy the $25 bottle of wine and each of you drink 2 $7 drinks per day your bill would run $53 a day--minimum. Multiply that by 7 and you come up with a very conservative estimated bar bill of $371. It will probably be more than that :D

We always count on $100 a day for incidentals for two. Some days we spend less, some days more but in the end that's what it averages for us. That covers both of our expenses for the week (not including tips at the end of the cruise for the wait staff and steward) ;)

From my experience I'd say plan on $100 a day for the two of you. In my case that would also include limited purchased souvineers on board and may be one shore excurson.

(Inexpensive one!) Best advice is pay attention daily to what you spend on sea pass card!!!!! It's real easy after a few drinks to forget howmuch you've already spent. On my first cruise I had a great deal of fun overhearing people talk about the bill they got at the end of the cruise:eek: and watching their eyes bug out!

But on the Disney Magic.

DH & I do enjoy our cocktails...we averaged $100/day for drinks alone on the last cruise (yet I was never drunk...HOW can that be??!!)

Don't expect our bar tab to be quite so high on Disney w/ the children along!

Have a WONDERFUL time--I know we will!

Kris

:mad: Taking into consideration that you are of moderate thirst, means and are not a "wine snob" I would estimate that you might be billed between $350 and $700 for the week. But you would look like this all day:p

PREVIOUS CRUISES:

Jun 1989, RIVER CRUISES, -- Paddlewheeler Julia Belle Swain, GD

Sep 1993, US NAVY TIGER CRUISE, USS Halsey CG23, HI-CA, EXC

Nov 1997, CAPT. COOK CRUISES, Murray Princess, Australia, EXC

Jan.1993, RCL Majesty of the Seas 1st big cruiseship, we were green

May 1998, US NAVY TIGER CRUISE, USS Fife DD 191, HI-WA, EXC

Apr 1998, US NAVY TIGER CRUISE, USS Fife DD 191, HI-WA, EXC

May 1999, DELTA QUEEN STEAMBOAT CO, Delta Queen, EXC

Sep 2000, US NAVY TIGER CRUISE, USS Fife DD 191, HI-WA, EXC

May 2001, HAL Maasdam. E. Caribbean, VD

Feb 2002, HAL Rotterdam, S. Caribbean, exc. ship decor, EXC

May 2002, CARNIVAL Pride, W. Caribbean, garish decor, VG

Sep 2002, CELEBRITY, Mercury, Panama Canal, Rail & Sail FR

Dec 2002, CARNIVAL Spirit, E. Caribbean, nice decor, VERY GD

Apr 2003, HAL Statendam, CA-HI, good all around, VERY GD

Aug 2003, CARNIVAL Paradise, E. Carib., non-smoking ship, EXC

Sep 2003, CARNIVAL Paradise, W. Carib., non-smoking ship, EXC

Dec 2003, HAL Noordam, E. & S. Caribbean, VG

Mar 2004, HAL Volendam, W. Caribbean Wayfarer, VG

May 2004, MSC, Lirica, West Indies, GOOD

Nov 2004, :)HAL Prinsendam, 28-day Amazon River Explorer, VG

Feb 2005, CARNIVAL Glory, E. Caribbean, POOR

Mar 2005, CARNIVAL Glory, W.Caribbean, POOR

July 2005, CARNIVAL Miracle, W. Caribbean, EXC

COMING UP

Dec 2005 RCL Mariner of the Seas, E. Caribbean

Sep 2006 CARNIVAL Sensation

Recently back from a 10 day cruise. Planned on $100 a day for two but spent $60. This included tips, bar bill, one ships tour, eating at the fancy resturant one night gifts and a few other odds and ends. Did not hold back on spending so were a bit surprised.

Sounds like $100.00 is a good number any others????

Yes, you do not have to spend $100 a day to have fun on a cruise. We just completed a 14 day cruise on the Veendam and we enjoyed ourselves very much and for less than $100 a day. It all depends on what it takes for you to have fun.

tm3750

I just want to point out a different arrangement for you.

Radisson Seven Sea Cruises.

When you get on board they hand you a glass of champane. NO CHARGE

When you get to your cabin you will find a full liter bottle of your favorite liquor. If there are two of you and you don't request premium brands you will both receive a bottle. NO CHARGE.

In the mini frig will be sodas, water, and a couple of beers. NO CHARGE

As you go around the ship during your cruise and want a soda or water. NO CHARGE

On the sail away party they have a specialty drink availble NO CHARGE

As you leave the ship to go on excursions they have bottled water availible. NO CHARGE

As you go to dinner in the evening and order wine, beer, or cocktail. NO CHARGE. ( Even if you have more than one)

They have specialty Restarunts where you need reservations but there is NO CHARGE to go to them.

On a 7 day cruise they usually have 3 parties NO CHARGE.

Price of beer during the day is about $4.00 drinks $4.50

And here is the BIG thing. NO TIPPING!! Ever aboard ship!!

Yes you pay more up front, but we have found it to be about the same price as it would be on less expensive cruises where you are charged for everything and only having maximum 700 passengers and never a line for anything is a real plus.

Check it out for yourself.

Any others?????

Archived