11:35 Flight from BCN.... Risky?

We are cruising on the Seaview in July. The Seaview arrives back into BCN at 9AM. We found a cheap flight on Iberia from BCN leaving at 11:35... is this pushing it? We really would like to not be too risky, as there are minimal flights back to the US, and we have never been to Barcelona, so don't know what to expect. What is the earliest flight you'd suggest?

Yes. You need to be at airport between 2 and 3 hours before flight.

Once you have checked luggage and gone through security there is another passport Control before reaching your departure gate. There is no express lane at passport control and they do not accommodate queue jumping.

Lots of people have missed flights due to extra passport control.

3 hours should be enough.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

We are cruising on the Seaview in July. The Seaview arrives back into BCN at 9AM. We found a cheap flight on Iberia from BCN leaving at 11:35... is this pushing it? We really would like to not be too risky, as there are minimal flights back to the US, and we have never been to Barcelona, so don't know what to expect. What is the earliest flight you'd suggest?

Way too early. I'd not be comfortable with a flight before 1:30pm in this case.

BCN as in Barcelona?

We were off the ship, and at the airport in 15 min.

just do self carry off, 1st thing...

but, it is another story about security/immigration lines, etc at the airport.

You must have really been flying. It's about 20km between them and the reduced speed leaving the port and entering the airport makes it all the more amazing. We've done it three times and I believe it was in the 25-30 minute range.

BCN as in Barcelona?

We were off the ship, and at the airport in 15 min.

just do self carry off, 1st thing...

but, it is another story about security/immigration lines, etc at the airport.

Note the OP is on some ship called the SeaView, not a Royal ship. They may not even have self carry off. Even if they did, traffic at 9am is likely worse than traffic at 6 or 7 am. I would not count on a 15 minute airport ride at that time. We took Celebrity’s transfer out of Barcelona, it left about 9:30. It took us about 45 minutes to get to the airport at that time of day. No way I would be trying to make an 11:35 flight getting in that late.

Note the OP is on some ship called the SeaView, not a Royal ship. They may not even have self carry off. Even if they did, traffic at 9am is likely worse than traffic at 6 or 7 am. I would not count on a 15 minute airport ride at that time. We took Celebrity’s transfer out of Barcelona, it left about 9:30. It took us about 45 minutes to get to the airport at that time of day. No way I would be trying to make an 11:35 flight getting in that late.

Maybe you should ask on the MSC forum.

I do self disembark and have been at the airport around 8.30.

Not sure MSC policy on getting off the ship

That’s cutting it pretty close, IMO.

The traffic BCN can be pretty bad.

Just curious, why are you taking the risk of missing your flight?

Good luck.

I thought I was on the MSC forum, my bad! But yes, we did agree that it was cutting it too close. We also saw that we could save $500 by flying a day later, so we decided to book those flights, and have an additional day in Barcelona post-cruise. Thank you all for the help, sorry for messing up the forum! :)

I thought I was on the MSC forum, my bad! But yes, we did agree that it was cutting it too close. We also saw that we could save $500 by flying a day later, so we decided to book those flights, and have an additional day in Barcelona post-cruise. Thank you all for the help, sorry for messing up the forum! :)

No problem. You probably got better replies here :):):)

Enjoy Barcelona and the cruise on the new ship

I explained it in post 13.

Only Msc will know why they named the new ships similar

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Yes, I saw that....was just wondering how many others were confused by the names. Obviously the OP was. :confused:

And then even worse...both Carnival and RCI have ships named Freedom. :o Must be a shortage of name choices for the lines. :D

This time would be fine for me. Flew back from Barcelona to the UK with flights at around 10.30am / 11am / 11.30am each time

Do self-assist and you'll be at the airport before 7am!

Not if the ship you are on doesn’t arrive until 9am. I guess you didn’t read the OP’s entire post.