Purchasing WIFI....Can Echo work in the Cabin with this?

dongordon

Can you purchase unlimited WIFI and use it for ECHO in your cabin for music?

I don't see why not unless they block its ports. Video streaming was a challenge for me but I was able to use Webex audio from my phone using unlimited internet just fine.

We just returned from a HAL cruise, where we saw for the first time, unlimited Internet. There were three packages available, depending on the type of Internet use. Sorry, I do not have the details, of each level, but I believe there was a basic surfing, email and surfing, and I believe one that permitted social networking and streaming, along with email and surfing. We bought the second level for $99. Keep in mind, it only allows one device to be connected at a time, so if you are also using other devices, you would have to shut off or disconnect your echo each time, then re-establish the connection, if you could get it to work.

While the Internet has improved tremendously, there is still a noticeable latency, and sometimes the connection has to be re-established. If you could get it to work, I doubt you would be happy with the results; choppiness and disconnecting potential.

You could just use it as a bluetooth speaker. This way, you could have all of your music on either a phone, tablet or notebook computer, and simply stream through bluetooth to the Echo. The added benefit, is that you do not have to worry about having Wifi.