which restaurant on Silhouette for special bday dinner

newlu

HI,

2nd time on Celebrity, this year, on the Silhouette, and want to book a restaurant for my sister-in-law's bday, we have tried all of them last year on Reflection, except the Lawn Grill (they did not have that one)

She is fussy, and loves filet mignon.. and I love my sister-in-law, so want to make sure I book the right restaurant for her bday!

Am thinking the Lawn Grill (might be fun for either her hubby or my hubby to perhaps cook her a steak?) if not, I loved Q, but not sure about steak there..

Also loved the one with the lobster they made in front of you, but not sure about filet mignon, or a good steak..

thanks for all your suggestions!

PS We booked 4 night package for dinners, I will call them and ask for a cake for her bday, anybody has info for where I should email or call, would be much appreciated!!!

newlu

Murano would be my choice. The chateaubriand is really good in Murano. If Murano cannot please her, nothing will. My place for a special dinner onboard. I would not recommend Qsine for steak but it is a fun place to eat.

Murano would be my choice. The chateaubriand is really good in Murano. If Murano cannot please her, nothing will. My place for a special dinner onboard. I would not recommend Qsine for steak but it is a fun place to eat.

I would go with The Lawn Club Grill. The filet mignon is better than the ribeye. If not TLCG then you cant go wrong with Murano and the Chateaubriand for 2 is great.

The Chateaubriand for two in Murano is prepared tableside and is wonderful, as is the Lobster Murano. On occasion, only one of wants the Chateaubriand and they have accommodated us. While Lawn Club has good filet, for a special celebration dinner, my vote is for Murano. Everything we've eaten there has been wonderful. Also, if you ask the day before, sometimes they will prepare Steak Diane even though it's an off menu item. And for dessert the Crepes Balon Rouge beat the warm chocolate chip cookie dessert in Lawn Club hands down!

THANKS everybody!!! We are sailing January 26th, her bday is the 27th, so I will get that sorted out right away for a cake..

I think I will go with Murano.. We had the lobster dish last year, and the crepes , omg was soo good.. Am sure she will love Chateaubriand..

As for Q, I have to say, I love the small filets there also, we will be doing all of them, we took a 4 night package, just wanted a special one for her bday, and they have not sailed Celebrity, we are in our early 50's, (actually, just turned 50...) this will be wonderful!

Cant wait!!!

newlu

Murano! We were disappointed with the quality of the steaks at Lawn Grill versus Murano.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would second that comment. I also thought the steaks were better in Tuscan compared to the LCG. I still laugh at what they classify as lobster mac & cheese. They would be better removing it from the menu. Where the LCG stands above all is that chocolate chip cookie.

I don't mean to pile it onto LCG because it is our favorite S class restaurant, but I agree with the above comments.

I ordered the filet shish kabobs (along with shrimp and scallops) and there was no way that meat was filet. It tasted like sirloin, not very good. And I agree about the lobster mac and cheese. I had it several years ago and I remember it having a whole lot more lobster in it. The mac and cheese is nothing special either.

The best filet we have found on 2 different ships is in Luminae. My gosh, it is wonderful. And we have had it in all of the restaurants.

I hope your SIL birthday celebration is the best!