Port Canaveral Fishing

ostrich710

Does anyone have any suggestions for fishing trips in Port Canaveral? My boyfriend is interested in fishing, but we don't arrive until 12, so most trips have left for the day. Any success with late day departures, short of chartering a private trip?

Thanks in advance!

Laura

We had an amazing guide... near Marco island. If you want to go that far, let me know and I will dig up the details from 7 years ago :). We did backwater fishing (caught lots of fish, a shark, and saw dolphins), and went shelling (so awesome!!).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had an amazing guide... near Marco island. If you want to go that far, let me know and I will dig up the details from 7 years ago :). We did backwater fishing (caught lots of fish, a shark, and saw dolphins), and went shelling (so awesome!!).

Marco Island is a beautiful area, but it's 5 hours from Pt. Canaveral, so it's probably not an option for the OP.

you can also fish from Cape Canaveral Pier ..... they rent gear

• $20 fishing rod rental fee for 4 hours (includes admission, bait and equipment). A $20 deposit is required.

http://www.cocoabeachpier.com/things-to-do/fish

advantages of this over the boat ....

- not locked in for 4 hours

- food and drink available on the pier

- available any day ..not sure what happens on the boat if they don't get many ressies

for the record the boat does have beer and soft drinks and on day trips they serve lunch, dunno about the grill on a nite trip.