10:55am flight out of Fll off of Seaside in miami

toxicfairy

Ok is this feasible? If we are getting off of a Seaside cruise in July, would we be able to make a 10:55 flight out of Fort Lauderdale airport? Not sure how far it is and what disembarking is like there. Thanks. The transportation is turning out to be the hardest part of planning. Prices are just climbing. Also what is the best way to get 4 adults and 8 pc of luggage from Miami cruise port to Ft. Lauderdale air port? Sorry for so many questions I'm going crazy and still have 6 months to stress over it. But I am afraid the prices will go up if I do not book something soon.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

We had no trouble making a 10 am flight off the Escape last year.

Got up early to get in the walk off line. We were off the ship and though customs by 815 and at Mia by 840.

Just walk off or if you cannot tell the ship you have a early flight and your luggage needs to be in group 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok is this feasible? If we are getting off of a Seaside cruise in July, would we be able to make a 10:55 flight out of Fort Lauderdale airport? Not sure how far it is and what disembarking is like there. Thanks. The transportation is turning out to be the hardest part of planning. Prices are just climbing. Also what is the best way to get 4 adults and 8 pc of luggage from Miami cruise port to Ft. Lauderdale air port? Sorry for so many questions I'm going crazy and still have 6 months to stress over it. But I am afraid the prices will go up if I do not book something soon.

Glad you found something reasonably priced! I remembered on another post you mentioned you are in NJ. Are you close to LGA or EWR? Flights are $262 on Jetblue and $210 on Southwest between those cities and FLL....

FLL is about 45 min from the port. As volk401 stated, be sure to do either self-disembark or get in group 1 (or A or whatever the 1st group is called. :-))

Glad you found something reasonably priced! I remembered on another post you mentioned you are in NJ. Are you close to LGA or EWR? Flights are $262 on Jetblue and $210 on Southwest between those cities and FLL....

FLL is about 45 min from the port. As volk401 stated, be sure to do either self-disembark or get in group 1 (or A or whatever the 1st group is called. :-))

Thanks I'm still looking. Found Delta out of Philly into Miami with 2 bags each it might still be do-able. That was through triple A ( now to get triple A[emoji6] ). Philadelphia is closest to us about a 30-40 min drive. The others you mentioned are around 2 hours or better away.

After sailing multiple cruises I would never book a flight that early. Sure if all goes well you will make it...but we have had delays on our cruises due to customs clearing, fog, etc. You just never know. I would at the very least book in the afternoon to be safer.

Way to early to go from MIA to FLL. You have to be at the airport by 9:30 for your flight. That means you need to be off the ship no later than 8:30 and into your mode of transport right away. If there is any traffic it could mean trouble. Also, there can be a hold up clearing customs. If you are going to do it.... DO self assist and just leave earlier. Also, I have found taking an uber or lyft will get you out of the port area quick. You may have to take several. Or I have had great success with QualityLimoservice . You pre book with them. With that many people you ask if you will have to wait for others and explain the need to get to FLL quickly. I think they leave on the hour from MIA port.

You should have no problem... I regularly book 11 am flights.... Ship usually docks by 6am sometimes earlier. They were calling self disembark at 7am when I cruised the Vista over Thanksgiving. Cabs or a hired service is your best bet... I would use a cab only because as soon as you walk out of the baggage terminal you can immediately jump in a cab and be at airport within 40 min -45 min from the cruise terminal.

First time I sailed MSc I could have made that 10:55 flight with no issues at all. Second MSc sailing we were just getting off the ship at 11:00 am and we were yc so we were the first off. Some didn’t debate until well after noon.

It’s a crap shoot. For what it’s worth, I’d book that flight, but have a back-up plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings

July travel...hmmm maybe you will make it. But like Clint Eastwood says "are you feeling lucky?" Are you TSA pre? Security lines at FLL can be terrible. And will you be checking bags? More lines. Lots of people have made similar flights and will report how easy it was. You seldom have anyone reporting on how they erred and how much it cost them to recover. What will be the cost of failure?

Good Sailing

Tom

MSC suggests booking flights after 12 noon from Miami and 1:00 from Fort Lauderdale. In the past I have booked earlier flights on other cruise lines but hesitant to do it this time since I'm not all that familiar with MSC.

I've done two cruises out of Miami. The first one we were on the sidewalk in front of the terminal with our luggage well before 8 AM but there was a Taxi queue the length of the terminal and beginning to double back plus numerous buses lined up waiting to pick up passengers. We were booked with one of the shuttle companies for a 9 AM shuttle to the airport which turned out to be waiting in the parked row of buses already but we didn't pull out until 9:15 AM.

The second from what we were told the ship was selected to have some sort of required inspection of records that day and no one was allowed to leave the ship until it was done. They ran everyone out of their cabins and locked up the doors to the hallways the cabins were on. The buffet closed down and locked their doors by 9 AM and we could only find 1 bar open which naturally had a huge line. Eventually joined the queue waiting to leave the ship which by that time stretched throughout the ship and up and down the aisle in the theater. At around 10:15 AM a bunch of crew came into the theater. Folks had started taking seats along the queue because they still weren't allowed to let anyone off the ship and they tried to make everyone stand up saying they needed to clean. Had a guy all but vacuum over my feet and he did bang the thing against the side of my foot and my luggage several times all while refusing to look up. Finally released them to let people off at 11 AM and there was no apology. They all but shoved us off the ship when we got to the gangway clearing the ship in record time, but due to the long queues in the terminal it took us until after noon to get outside. We were grateful we'd opted for self walk off of luggage as those who had sent their luggage with the porters found all of it strewn in a very disorganized manner around the floor in the bottom of the terminal. I counted 4 people working to help hundreds recover their luggage from among at least 1500 pieces of luggage. They naturally didn't dare let anyone walk out and find their own. We ended up sharing an Uber with a couple who were supposed to be on a shuttle they'd booked independently which told them they'd been there on time at 9:30 not their fault there were problems getting off the ship and no refunds would be issued.

Thanks all. I bit the bullet and booked the best fare I found. I got Delta out of Philadelphia to Miami. Got their card so it gave me a better rate and our first bag ( each) is free. Then just pay $35 each ( both ways😣) for each of our second bags. Still a price I can almost live with and we wind up in Miami and leave from Miami. It is a 10am flight out after the cruise so I'll pray on that lol. We're flying in the day before just to be safe.

Just saw the thread and that you pulled the trigger on DL. For future reference out of PHL we always use either Jet Blue or Southwest. Bags are free on Southwest and included at a reduced rate on JB. We also use Jet Blue for our return since we don't have to worry about the 24 hour ahead of time check in since we don't have computer access on board and we will already have our seat assignments. In early February, we're flying out of FLL at 1135.

Regarding transfers, use Lyft or Uber and if anyone in your party has not used them before, do an online search and you'll get credits such as 30 first time on Lyft.

Ok is this feasible? If we are getting off of a Seaside cruise in July, would we be able to make a 10:55 flight out of Fort Lauderdale airport?

I would do this out of MIA but not FLL.

Who knows what traffic will be like for the 45-60 min drive to Fort Lauderdale.

It is a 10am flight out after the cruise so I'll pray on that lol. We're flying in the day before just to be safe.

Before you mentioned 1055AM flight. Now it is 10am, which is a wee early for my comfort.

BTW - someone mentioned if you have TSA pre-check? Else you may be in line with all the others coming from the cruise.

Before you mentioned 1055AM flight. Now it is 10am, which is a wee early for my comfort.

BTW - someone mentioned if you have TSA pre-check? Else you may be in line with all the others coming from the cruise.

Unfortunately no pre-check. And yes it turned out to be a 10 am flight out of Miami rather than 10:55 out of Fort Lauderdale

Most days you will be fine if no unforeseen delays. But just curious: why the rush to get away from So Florida? You/re already here, enjoy it a bit longer. Lots of people would kill for a chance to linger a few hours here.

Cheers.

I would love to stay however Husband and 2 daughters will have to go back to work Monday. And later times that day went up by $150 per person[emoji33]