Anthem of the Seas Info needed

Hello to all. First time back here in many years. My family's witch to all inclusive (AI) land resorts but now looking at cruising again. Starting to plan next vacation end of May 2018 and comparing prices of an AI to a Cruise as knowing what are budget will be is important. This is easy with an AI but requires research for a cruise. I am looking at Anthem 9 day out of NJ. I have the cruise price PP as well as the Tipping Portion PP (auto charged to account now) but I am trying to put a dollar amount on anything else that may apply to us. On the Anthem, I have seen there are many activities (rock climbing, flow rider, the globe that hangs over water, water slide, bumper cars/roller skating, Xbox, etc.) what activities are charged as extras and how much is each. Also, how much is the drink package and what is included/excluded. Anything new they are now charging for that I would not have paid for on last LOTS cruise. Finally, how does internet work now? I know my son just got off a majesty cruise and was able to buy unlimited wireless for the 3 days and an incredibly low price. I have tried looking on RCI site and while I was able to find the cruise, tipping and shore excursion prices I cannot find anything else and I need to know to compare.

is there a dedicated site anybody knows of that lists extra prices you can expect for different ships?

Thanks to all in advance and happy to know CC is still as popular as ever.

Edited by James MTL
Added question at end.

All the activities you listed have no extra charge. . Arcade games extra.

The price of the drink package varies with constant sales going on and off. Figure somewhere between $38 and $58 per day, plus 18%. You won't know until you have a cruise booked and can use your Cruise Planner.

Internet price also varies with sales. Figure around $15 per day for a one device package.

Edited by Host Clarea
Removed Xbox misinfo

You won't be able to access any of the shore excursion, drink or dining package pricing until you've booked. Which sailing are you looking at? We're on the May 31st 9 day sailing. And I can probably look up the pricing listed in the cruise planner. It can vary by sailing date.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

You won't be able to access any of the shore excursion, drink or dining package pricing until you've booked. Which sailing are you looking at? We're on the May 31st 9 day sailing. And I can probably look up the pricing listed in the cruise planner. It can vary by sailing date.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Looking at either your date or one before - May 17th. What are various drink packages (alcohol, softdrink, water or any combination therein). Please also check out the unlimited wifi package. Is there anything else I may have forgotten? As far as excursions go, those are on the RCI website. Greatly appreciated.

Looking at either your date or one before - May 17th. What are various drink packages (alcohol, softdrink, water or any combination therein). Please also check out the unlimited wifi package. Is there anything else I may have forgotten? As far as excursions go, those are on the RCI website. Greatly appreciated.

Beverage packages:

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/news-product_19_256722736.pdf

They're currently offering the deluxe drink package at $45/person/day (+18% gratuity) - that can go up when the sale ends. Voom is $15.99/day for surf + stream, 1 device. Ultimate dining package is $216/adult. They also have a deluxe drink + voom for $59 but I think when you add on gratuity it's not really any cheaper.

Anything else you want me to check?

Also they opened up the iFly and Northstar reservations, so those are starting to book up.

They're currently offering the deluxe drink package at $45/person/day (+18% gratuity) - that can go up when the sale ends. Voom is $15.99/day for surf + stream, 1 device. Ultimate dining package is $216/adult. They also have a deluxe drink + voom for $59 but I think when you add on gratuity it's not really any cheaper.

Anything else you want me to check?

Also they opened up the iFly and Northstar reservations, so those are starting to book up.

Ginger: What is the delux dining package and offers what over regular dining. Also, if they take online reservations for IFly and Northstar does that mean most probable "ideal" times will be sold out by embarkation?

Ginger: What is the delux dining package and offers what over regular dining. Also, if they take online reservations for IFly and Northstar does that mean most probable "ideal" times will be sold out by embarkation?

Ginger: sorry, one more. is the Voom surf & stream unlimited?

The deluxe beverage package gives you unlimited drinks: liquor, beer, wine, specialty coffees, fresh squeezed orange juice, virgin drinks (think: smoothies, although Anthem apparently got rid of them :( ), still bottled water, fizzy bottled water. There is a "dollar limit" of $13 per drink (although by the time you sail, it could increase to $14 unless it already has), and if you want a drink that costs over the limit, you only pay the difference plus 18% of the difference.

It is hard to predict when they put booking options for Northstar and iFly on the Cruise Planner. You may have missed the opportunity already, or it may not have happened yet. Either way, you can book through the Royal IQ app. This is something new since you last sailed. Download it now from the app store, and as soon as you get to the ship, usually even in the terminal before you board, you can activate it, and can make reservations on the app. Otherwise, you can make reservations on board.

This also applies to the Puzzle Break/Escape Room. :)

Some of the free activities, give you a brief experience on them,(such as Flowrider and I-fly, but they also offer a paid, more extensive experience.....similar in the gym..apparatus is free, but there are also paid classes offered....

I haven't sailed Anthem yet, but I know that they don't offer all the dining reservations online, only like 30% so I'd imagine they do the same for iFly and North star.

I actually tried to call today because I need to 2 sets of reservations at different times (toddler can't do them) and I can only do one set online. Waited on hold 11 minutes, it rang for them to pick up and then we were disconnected. Boo.

The ultimate dining let adds on all the specialty restaurants. There are plenty of included options or you can just pay separately for 1 or 2 upcharge meals, that's entirely up to you. Chops, Izumi, Wonderland and Jamie's are all additional charge. I really enjoyed the specialty dining on Oasis so that's important to me.

I like that the restaurants are smaller venues and feel more intimate.

Basically you can make your cruise fare as all inclusive as you desire, depending on your vacation style. I tend to add drink and dining packages because I so not want to think about individual costs once sailing. I'm not sure that I save money that way, but I sure do enjoy the relaxation side of it.

Some of the classes were extra also, if you're into that. There's a sushi making class, a brunch galley tour, a cupcake decorating class...all are extra but not a huge deal to skip.

We are booked the end of May on the Anthem but the 5 day. Right now they are running a sale on drink packages, excursions and specialty dinning . But as previously mentioned , certain things can’t be priced out fir sure until you book and can get on cruise planner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Puzzle Break/Escape Room. :)

Hi Merion_Mom! Since you are mentioning escape the room, does that mean this is still offered on the Anthem? Do you know where we sign up - via app or somewhere else once we get on the ship?

Also, does anyone know if there are any stores that sells electronics on the ship? I tried looking at the shops list, but it wasn't very helpful. I know on Celebrity, they have a store that sells some electronics like apple products, beats headphones etc. Is something similar available on the Anthem?

Thank you!

Hi Merion_Mom! Since you are mentioning escape the room, does that mean this is still offered on the Anthem? Do you know where we sign up - via app or somewhere else once we get on the ship?

Also, does anyone know if there are any stores that sells electronics on the ship? I tried looking at the shops list, but it wasn't very helpful. I know on Celebrity, they have a store that sells some electronics like apple products, beats headphones etc. Is something similar available on the Anthem?

Thank you!

The ability to reserve the Escape Room *sometimes* shows up in your Cruise Planner, but it is utterly unpredictable if it does, or when it does. Best bet is to join your Roll Call and usually someone will be watching and make a proclamation on the Roll Call. :)

Otherwise, download the Royal IQ app onto your smart phone now, and activate it when you get to the terminal. Some people have reported that it becomes active even before you board, but it certainly works once you are on the Anthem. You can book on the app.

There is also someone at the desk in the Seaplex on Deck 15, near the Escape Room, who can sign you up.

Electronics: No store like Celebrity ships. The photo gallery will have a few minor things. Bottom line: Take everything that you need with you from home.

(If you are stopping in St.Maarten, there are lots of electronics shops with good prices - but do your research ahead of time.)