MDR Getaway dress code question

shanley

Is there one dining room that is more formal than the other on the Getaway? I recall this being the case on the Epic.

I'm looking at making reservations and didn't see anything on the website.

DH usually wears long pants for dinner, but my teen's wardrobe is lacking in dress up clothes right now.

Is there still an optional formal night?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there one dining room that is more formal than the other on the Getaway? I recall this being the case on the Epic.

DH usually wears long pants for dinner, but my teen's wardrobe is lacking in dress up clothes right now.

No, dress code is the same. What do you mean by "optional" formal night? Like when everyone is in suit and tie and it's ok to wear shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops next to them .... then it's a no.

No, dress code is the same. What do you mean by "optional" formal night? Like when everyone is in suit and tie and it's ok to wear shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops next to them .... then it's a no.

NCL still has this on their site:

"For thosewho enjoy dressing up for dinner, there is one (two on cruises longer than seven-nights)completely optional “formal night” in various areas of the ship."

On our last trip, it was the night you could have photos taken with the captain. I hope he appreciated the special Hawaiian shirt I picked out. Poker playing dogs.

Yeah, he didn't really smile.

NCL still has this on their site:

"For thosewho enjoy dressing up for dinner, there is one (two on cruises longer than seven-nights)completely optional “formal night” in various areas of the ship."

On our last trip, it was the night you could have photos taken with the captain. I hope he appreciated the special Hawaiian shirt I picked out. Poker playing dogs.

Yeah, he didn't really smile.

I'm sure you looked great in your Hawaiian shirt.

Yes, this is the night I meant.

I remember seeing some people dressed really fancy, some dressed up a bit and others with regular cruise casual clothes one night on the Epic.

We usually dress up a bit on formal night on other cruise lines, and will likely do it on the Getaway.

The Manhattan Dining room is a bit fancier than the other two, and the dress code is slightly different in that males are asked to wear long pants. The menu in all three main dining room is the same. There is often entertainment int he Manhattan dining room, and it has a dance floor. As far as an optional formal night, NCL allows you to dress up whenever you want. There is one night to meet the captain, and backdrops for photos are set up every night except for embarkation day.

No. All three main dining rooms (Tropicana Room, Taste, Savor) all have the same dress code. Shorts. Saying that, most people make an effort to dress up a little at night.

On your MyNCL, you can make reservations for all dining rooms starting 90 days prior to your cruise (100 days if you are in the Havens).

That's fine. Shorts are allowed in all restaurants at dinner time EXCEPT Ocean Blue and Le Bistro.

Freestyle Cruising embraces the "dress up or not". On nights 2-6, there will be a lot of photographers set up all over the ship taking pictures (if you want). There are fewer and fewer suits and ties for gents on NCL ships. Mostly long pants and shirts (Hawaiian shirts are fine).

Have a great cruise! The Getaway is a great ship!

On the Getaway, no shorts in either Ocean Blue or Le Bistro.

Just got off from her and although there was a wide range of clothing each evening, I was surprised at the considerable amount of “dressy” outfits worn. No matter what, though, no one cared what others were wearing.

The Manhattan room, one of the MDRs and Le Bistro still require long pants and collared shirts for men. Otherwise more anything is acceptable. As for formal optional nights there are usually a couple, but most will be dressed casually. You will see some people dressed in "after 5" attire.

The Manhattan room, one of the MDRs and Le Bistro still require long pants and collared shirts for men. Otherwise more anything is acceptable. As for formal optional nights there are usually a couple, but most will be dressed casually. You will see some people dressed in "after 5" attire.

On the Getaway it’s the Tropicana room. And no it doesn’t have a more formal dress code. I thought that was the case too, but no it doesnt.

I know Le Bistro said no shorts, I would imagine that for Ocean Blue and Tappenaki, but can’t confirm. We had dinner at Cagneys next to a family in sweatpants and shorts.

Certainly not Teppenyaki.

The restaurants which don't allow shorts are Le Bistro, the aft dining room (on some ships) and maybe one other restaurant like Bayamo or Ocean Blue (I've never been to them so can't speak from experience).

Other than Le Bistro, the standard speciality restaurants (Cagneys, Moderno, La Cucina and Teppenyaki) all allow shorts etc.

This is incorrect. All three MDRs allow shorts on the GA.