Review of MSC Seaside 12/23/17-1/6/18, SuperfamilyPlus, Menu, Dailies, Food Pr0n,Etc.

seaweeyin

I am REALLY loving and appreciating all of your posts (especially of the food)! Is the menu in the specialty dining places the same for both lunch and dinner, or is it different. My husband and I would like to try the trio package but don’t want to pay for the kids (6 and 10) to just mess over the food so we will have to work around kids club hours.

New York strip from the classics menu, the pork tenderloin, and the hummus plate. All very delicious. We should have ordered another hummus plate. Mr. Seaweeyin and I ordered that one to share, but everyone at the table pitched in to help us clear the plate. Yum.e9f1aa8eca4df32ecc1054d47608acbe.jpg42fc3a32b9f546ce76d1d9364068eea5.jpgddf24d8121434d208ed71e0a732adc9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Bravo Seaweeyin,

Finally an excellent, honest, in-depth review with all the supporting data...warts and all! Thank You for you dedicated effort.

I believe that MSC Seaside is a giant work in progress and will continue to improve each week. Let the whiners, malcontents and nay-sayers read this review as an example of honest reportage.

The only one of our group who tried the F1 simulator was Teen, who said it was really fun. Teen also played bowling with some friends and thought it was fine. It was bowling, lol.

Our whole family had a blast playing air hockey. It's $2 a game and goes until the first to score 7. The table is nice and fast and the puck makes a delightful pinging sound when it hits the sides. Here's Fab FIL showing off some of that competitive nature I talked about before.

We also played table tennis/ ping pong and foosball, both in the jungle lounge. It would be nice to have some sort of timer system on these games because the wait could be long if someone didn't want to stop playing. Despite that, we enjoyed playing.

I'll also include the dailies for Georgetown here. 0087ef873787c438ada92d915d14bc91.jpg946101b135e75d3003a7ba419f447454.jpg11349ddc71cc1c4d1498e2aa10a17bf3.jpgbac636700d3600f3d9806ea9c231b851.jpg661e44dfdd8292fc81223f19e78d8d14.jpg

Also, please excuse spelling errors, especially in the photo posts. I write those in my phone app so I can upload the photos directly to CC but my autocorrect likes to make the silliest changes.

Speaking of apps, I downloaded MSCForMe at home before the cruise and ended up using it extensively while on the cruise. In addition to making dining and theatre reservations, you can view your running service charges and purchases balance, get directions to wherever you need to go on the ship, and view the daily. You can even add events from the daily onto your "personal itinerary" and create a daily calendar for yourself. Loved this feature. I never had trouble accessing the ship's wifi for using the app nor had trouble with the app itself.

FIL bought the largest internet package so he could facetime with his son who'd stayed home and also as a backup plan on case the celtic game wasn't shown on any of the t.v.s. Happily, it was shown on the room t.v. and we all squished together on the sofa to watch. Good family time.

Teen purchased the social package and that ended up being more hit and miss. Good coverage while in the room, but spotty in public spaces and on deck.

The only organized excursion we did this whole trip was a private one to see stingray city and do some snorkeling. It was fun, and the snorkeling in particular was awesome, but if I had it to do again I would pay more for a smaller group experience. We went through Discount Excursions.

We finished up our specialty dining trifecta this evening at Roy's restaurant. The three Roy's experiences are all in one area. Earlier in the cruise, Teen and Tween sat at the sushi counter to order rolls. They got two different ones and said they were both good, though they can't remember the names. Typical. As with other specialty dining, we were allowed to order two starters instead of dessert. This was the only menu that actually had cocktails on it, as well.

The light in the restaurant is red, so please forgive these food pics. Best I could do under the circumstances! To begin, the fabulous crabcake, simply bursting with crab, the pork bao bun, and the clams. d74a0daeb03481f8f233faf5b8d6018f.jpg13f8166abcf9e4804d3cf2838ec68b36.jpg348373890567e46ce75d5167f84a2727.jpg

For mains, everyone got either the lamb chops or the kalbi. They were both good, but I thought the kalbi flavors were nonexistent in the dish. For dessert, the delicious chocolate souffle and the rather disappointing pineapple upside down cake. I was hoping for a creative spin on that cake but... It was pretty much bog standard upside down cake. 022927d01b7acec97eecd2c25800c6a1.jpgb8a5e36a7703a8e5387b99ff70c79728.jpg393b025e93186571947a9d183cc3c42a.jpg4692c04f186918bd63db4d12c0460d2b.jpg

The 70s party that night was really fun. Some folks brought neon wigs and wore bell bottoms and platforms. Loved it.

One thing we didn't love... The morning of ocho rios, I noticed a mild sewage smell as I stood waiting for the zip line. Over the next few days, this smell would continue, varying from not noticeable to quite bad, but with no pattern or origin area I could figure out. One time I opened my cabin door to a strong whiff, others times there was nothing by my cabin, but I could smell it a bit near the mid elevators on deck 8. Other members of my party mentioned it being really strong other locations. It was one of those things that doesn't make one ill, but does make you wonder where the leak happened. Hopefully that issue has been sorted.

To finish, very yummy black forest cake and turtle cheesecake. MIL and I capped off the evening with chocolate martinis at the chocolate bar. I'm not usually one for martinis that aren't actually martinis, but this was a good, if decadent, dessert cocktail. On the topic of martinis, I really loved the Ultimate Martini, found in several bars on board.

bea81dcc801bfeea2d04d3e25deb2a10.jpgbd6d4f100bbc2fa5962aa36d45f39856.jpg9c05a43ae6e236305ff56ed69f608fae.jpg

Edited by seaweeyin

Great review thus far thanks for everything. You mentioned going to the Sports bar at one point but nothing regarding food. Did you you order food there? Was it additional?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They have chicken wings, but they're not free. Other than that, they'll put out little bowls of chips. Those are complimentary. I've seen mention of nachos on this board, but I never saw a hint of those. There was a cheese flavored chip put out sometimes, so it could be that people are talking about?

Thank you for your review. I am closely following as we are cruising in March.

I had read that Aurea passengers receiver free food in the sports bar, any chance you could confirm this? Also, what is the deck chair situation? Are there plenty available? Are people "reserving" them early each morning? If so, are belongings being removed?

Thanks for your help!