Spring Water Temperature

2prettygirls

I am just curious if anyone has cruised East Caribbean during late March to early April and what kind of water temperatures are to be expected? We have 2 children that love the water slides and pool. We have cruised 2 times during January, both times we have experienced really cold ocean water and swimming on deck could be chilly upon getting out. However, we did cruise in October and found the water temps to be much warmer and the experience of swimming on board to be much more enjoyable. I am just curious if anyone has feedback on water temps during the late March early April months?

I am a diver and do not like cold water. Not including the Bahamas, Caribbean water rarely drops below 78 degrees which is cold to me, wearing a shorty wet suit. Summer water temps can reach the mid 80's. Definitely October is going to be warmer as hit holds the summer heat.

IN the Caribbean, it will be perfectly nice for swimming and sunning. Kids are less picky about water temps than adults. Now, if the Bahamas are on your itinerary, they are NOT "Caribbean"...they are in the Atlantic, and the water might be chillier than you like...but I'd bet the kids will still get in it!

Both. Our 2 January cruises, the pool temps were chilly and of course getting out of the pool was pretty frigid too. Ocean water was super cold both in the Bahamas, East Caribbean and West too. Now our October cruise was much warmer both on board ship pools and ocean water so I think just in the few months, even if it's just a few degrees, it can make a difference.

I am just curious if anyone has cruised East Caribbean during late March to early April and what kind of water temperatures are to be expected? We have 2 children that love the water slides and pool. We have cruised 2 times during January, both times we have experienced really cold ocean water and swimming on deck could be chilly upon getting out. However, we did cruise in October and found the water temps to be much warmer and the experience of swimming on board to be much more enjoyable. I am just curious if anyone has feedback on water temps during the late March early April months?

I agree that the ocean temps in October are much warmer than in the spring due to jet streams and summer ocean currents, etc.