Mini Suite vs. Balcony

Nana377

This is only our second NCL cruise, we are currently booked in a Balcony, is there a big difference between the balcony vs. the mini suites? Just wondering if it would be worth it to try for an upgrade?

We are booked on the EPIC

Thanks.

Edited by Nana377

This is only our second NCL cruise, we are currently booked in a Balcony, is there a big difference between the balcony vs. the mini suites? Just wondering if it would be worth it to try for an upgrade?

Thanks.

Which ship are you booked on?

We did the Dec 23-30 cruise out of Cape Canaveral on the Epic and we booked the mini suite(deck 10) while our kids had the balcony(deck 8). The mini-suite was slightly bigger than their balcony i.e. a little wider by I'd say 6 inches. Now 6 inches might not sound like a lot but in small spaces like on ships it made a nice difference. Also, ours had a tub-show while their balcony had the shower stall. I would have preferred just the shower stall rather than climbing over the side of the tub. All in all not much of a difference really, I would probably save the $$$ next time. Let me know if you had any more questions.

I was in a mini suite on the Escape earlier this year. I loved the size of the bathroom. The shower stall was twice the size of a typical cruise ship shower and the bathroom had a double sink. It was nice to have the extra room. As far as the room itself and balcony, I don't know if that part is any larger than a regular balcony room.

Had the mini-suite last year on the Breakaway- cabin and balcony size about the same. But, it's the bathroom that makes the difference. Double sinks, large shower with multiple jets. No tub. Have booked another for this year.

We are booked on the EPIC

Thanks.

Just wondering if it would be worth it to try for an upgrade?

Space versus $$$ for the Upgrade ?

Add length of cruise time 7 days ? more - decisions decisions decisions.

If not spending a lot of time in the cabin - don't worry so much about the vanity features - double sinks bathtub !

Factor in your present location against getting a worse location.

You are NOT getting butler or concierge service so I would not bet the farm for more than $100 bid/upgrade.

Before considering the bid/upgrade compare fares currently being offered.