EZAir cancel and rebook question

diane.in.ny

• 2 years later...

Also when you accept lower fare and Re-Book you will see a screen mentioning 'Penalties', I ignore this and proceed with new booking - no penalties. One Poster mentioned 75 Days , actually I believe you can change without penalties up to 45 days prior to Sail Date.

Another wrinkle I have used is to choose a different airport for Depart and Return. e,g, in SF Bay Area San Jose and SFO are both reasonably accessible. We were able to get better options by varying Depart and Return airports. EZ Air points out that this is an anomaly but lets you book.   

I check every day for changes in flight pricing. A while back I unlinked my cruises and was able to book round trip rather than two one way flights. That saved me $1,237 so it was well worth doing. I've been checking every day for quite a while and prices have always been more than I am booked for but today I saw they had dropped again. It wasn't a lot but I did get the exact same flights and saved another $190. I was surprised because the last few times I had checked prices were going up rather than staying the same or coming down. I don't know what controls the pricing but it does pay to check frequently. I'd rather have that extra money in my pocket than pay it to the airlines.

Flights dropped again today. Likely folks are dropping the cruise. It's only another $91 saving but it's easy to rebook so why not. None of my cruises have gone down though and a couple have gone up.

On 3/31/2020 at 6:59 PM, Thrak said:

A while back I unlinked my cruises and was able to book round trip rather than two one way flights.

What does this mean ? Did you have outbound for one cruise and return for another that you converted to Round Trip ?

On 3/31/2020 at 6:59 PM, Thrak said:

A while back I unlinked my cruises and was able to book round trip rather than two one way flights.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

What does this mean ? Did you have outbound for one cruise and return for another that you converted to Round Trip ?

I have 3 cruises booked as a B2B2B - 6 days, 13 days, and 14 days for a total of 33 days round Southern Australia, New Zealand, and Queensland. Each segment leaves from and returns to Melbourne. There are no days in between segments. I had the cruises linked because all 3 are in the same cabin (Caribe Deck Balcony) and I didn't want Princess to do something stupid like upgrading one of the segments to a different cabin. However, that meant I couldn't book EZ Air as a round trip. It only let me book one way (outbound) on the first cruise and then I had to book my return separately after the last segment. By "unlinking" the cruises I was able to book a round trip that was just connected to the first segment. Flying out on November 7th and returning on December 13th. With the original booking that simply wasn't possible using EZ Air. So far I have managed to rebook several times and am now paying $1,518 less that I was originally being charged for the two one-way flights.

Note: The bookings are "cattle class", also known as Economy. We are now booked at a total of $1,929 for both of us round trip. (Sacramento, California to Melbourne, Australia and back.) The flights are booked on Virgin Australia.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks Thrak, final question - did you change the dates on EZ Air to coincide with last cruise date ?

Yes. Outbound is before the first segment. Homeward is the day the last segment ends.  In order to arrive on the 9th (the first segment departs Melbourne on the 10th) we actually have to fly out on the 7th. It's a very long trip and the dateline makes it weirder. We fly out on the 7th but don't arrive until the 9th with a "lost day" in the middle.

At this point I have serious doubts that the cruises will happen at all. I don't want to cancel but I'd hate to make final payment and then end up with FCC that might be worthless. I don't really want $14k in FCC.

Edited by Thrak

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yes. Outbound is before the first segment. Homeward is the day the last segment ends.  In order to arrive on the 9th (the first segment departs Melbourne on the 10th) we actually have to fly out on the 7th. It's a very long trip and the dateline makes it weirder. We fly out on the 7th but don't arrive until the 9th with a "lost day" in the middle.

At this point I have serious doubts that the cruises will happen at all. I don't want to cancel but I'd hate to make final payment and then end up with FCC that might be worthless. I don't really want $14k in FCC.

Got it, we have Canada / New England Sep 2020 - hoping that goes ahead. We cancelled same itinerary in 2019 for Medical reason.