Expedited Arrival Trial

Just had an email from RCI asking me to participate in some kind of trial to board-the ship quicker. Can someone shed some light on this. thanks

Ship and sail date? Can you post the contents of the email if they don't reveal your identity.

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)

Dear Guest,

Congratulations, you have been selected to participate in a new Expedited Arrival Trial - the new faster way to board the ship. In order to participate, we ask you to complete these simple steps.

• You will need a new and updated SetSail Pass. On Thursday, January 11, please visit www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin to reprint SetSail Passes for all members of your party.
  • Once you have reprinted, you will notice a green circle with a Crown & Anchor, like the one below*. This is our greenlight indicating that you have been exclusively selected to be part of the Expedited Arrival Trial.
  • At the pier, follow the corresponding signage to your special designated check-in location.

It’s that simple and it’s really convenient to enroll. This is special test and by INVITATION ONLY. If you are traveling with friends or family outside of your stateroom that did not receive this information or were not selected to participate, unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate them at this time.

Thank you for your interest in participating in this new and innovative check-in and boarding process.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Allure of the Seas with your extra speedy check-in.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)

Oh gosh, throw your crown and anchor status out the door. I forsee a fee for boarding earlier than others. I'm just curious in what order you will board. Will it be after suites and pinnacles, and before gold members??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I found this thread interesting. I signed on last night to do my on-line check in for our April cruise (heck, 89 days, can't let it wait till last minute, LOL). Anyways, we are sailing Serenade out of FLL and I found the on-line check in different than all the others, included Majesty in November. It started with asking for a photo (which I know some of the newer ships are doing). Then at one point it had me select an arrival time. They spoke of 'expedited' check in. Perhaps this is the same as the OP is referring to? I know we didn't receive an email though. Some other parts the check in were different as well. Actually, quickest and easiest completion I've experienced in the 10 years we've been sailing. IF it all works, it will be nice to see that RCI IT finally got something right.

Erika

I found this thread interesting. I signed on last night to do my on-line check in for our April cruise (heck, 89 days, can't let it wait till last minute, LOL). Anyways, we are sailing Serenade out of FLL and I found the on-line check in different than all the others, included Majesty in November. It started with asking for a photo (which I know some of the newer ships are doing). Then at one point it had me select an arrival time. They spoke of 'expedited' check in. Perhaps this is the same as the OP is referring to? I know we didn't receive an email though. Some other parts the check in were different as well. Actually, quickest and easiest completion I've experienced in the 10 years we've been sailing. IF it all works, it will be nice to see that RCI IT finally got something right.

Erika

No, actually Serenade has had request for photo(optional) for quite a while... I just do it at pier...

We are on Allure Jan. 14 and haven't been chosen to expedite. We did get an email saying not to come until noon or something (oh sure). I'll report back.

(That is-- if in fact we make it at all --as it is supposed to snow, etc. on our departure date! Already missed Oasis due to hurricane and now this:eek::eek:

i received the same email. also sailing on the allure on 1/14. here's a screen cap:

39661094701_d0d722428b_o.png

24792063587_584a3c14b8_o.png

and here's my (obfuscated) setsail pass showing the expedited trial verbiage:

39630371332_1bbe0d99a4_o.png

note that this is my first RCI cruise, i have no C&A status, i'm booked in a superior balcony with my wife and kid, and got a pretty decent (repriced) itinerary booked back in july. i did get all pertinent check-in details completed not long after it opened, maybe that played a role?

• 1 year later...

I am traveling with my husband and two teens.  My daughter is in my cabin and my son is with my husband in another cabin.

I am the only one that does not have the expedited arrival banner listed on the set sail pass.

I am just wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation and has been able to use the expedited arrival.

Thanks!

On 1/11/2018 at 7:59 AM, suesnake2002 said:

Oh gosh, throw your crown and anchor status out the door. I forsee a fee for boarding earlier than others. I'm just curious in what order you will board. Will it be after suites and pinnacles, and before gold members??

Maybe I'm reading it differently. I don't think this is in any way about expediting "boarding".  I suspect it's simply expediting the check in process.

We were on Symphony and check-in was a breeze.  Walked into the suite lounge area, sat down on some sofas and a woman with a tablet came by, scanned our passes (some paper, some app) and we were all set.  Super quick and easy. 

But that had nothing to do with boarding.