Passenger plus 1

winchesterdog

We've had to do that for our 2019 cruise. 3 married couples and 1 single son. We booked him in a cabin alone. He is charged double fare, but single port fees & gratuities. We can add a second person to his cabin up until the point the cruise becomes sold out. The second person would pay any difference in the fare and of course, port fees & gratuities.

If you are certain there will be a plus one, you could book it now to lock in the rate - when I book, my wife's info doesn't get entered until after the booking is complete, and I don't think you need to complete the full passenger info until as late as the day before, so perhaps you could wait a while. Might want to call customer service and see what they say.

Last cruise, we booked 2 adults in one cabin, and a teenage daughter solo across the hall. When we knew who the daughter wanted to travel with her, we had the friend added. Since the solo rate was the same as the double booked cabin, the only additional amount to pay for the friend was the port taxes.

However, you do have to be careful that the friend is booked into the solo cabin before the ship becomes sold out - based on the total # of passengers allowed on the ship per spaces available on the lifeboats. Once the total number allowed based on the lifeboat capacity is reached, you cannot add a second passenger to a solo cabin.

Last cruise, we booked 2 adults in one cabin, and a teenage daughter solo across the hall. When we knew who the daughter wanted to travel with her, we had the friend added. Since the solo rate was the same as the double booked cabin, the only additional amount to pay for the friend was the port taxes.

However, you do have to be careful that the friend is booked into the solo cabin before the ship becomes sold out - based on the total # of passengers allowed on the ship per spaces available on the lifeboats. Once the total number allowed based on the lifeboat capacity is reached, you cannot add a second passenger to a solo cabin.

Couldn't they just bump a bartender or maybe the cruise director ?:cool:

We do this every year. If you are certain there will be a 2nd guest, you book a double occupancy cabin (to lock in the rate). Then you put in TBD (To be determined) in the name field of the 2nd guest. Once you know who will join, you call customer service and they will change the name for you. We have done this under groups and under early saver promotions without any problem.

We do this every year. If you are certain there will be a 2nd guest, you book a double occupancy cabin (to lock in the rate). Then you put in TBD (To be determined) in the name field of the 2nd guest. Once you know who will join, you call customer service and they will change the name for you. We have done this under groups and under early saver promotions without any problem.

What if the second person cannot come after this has been done? My sister is trying to flake out. I know the fare won't be returned, but if it's canceled can port fees or gratuities come off?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums