Are drinks free with meals? Drink package?

YogaRNmom

Hello,

My family is taking our very first cruise ever in July on the Liberty. I am feeling a little overwhelmed but these boards are helping me understand the ins and outs of cruising. I noticed that there are drink packages available. For some reason, I thought beverages would be free. I did read many posts here but still can not figure out if basic beverages are free during meal times? We do not drink alcohol at all and I basically just drink coffee in the am and maybe orange juice and other than that, I only drink water. Occassionally, ice tea. I was thinking of just bringing a water bottle and refilling it like I do here at home. My husband and sons all enjoy soda, so I will likely buy a drink package for them. Are there fruit smoothies on board...the boy's favorite. :) Trying to figure out what drink package would be best for them. Any advice/guidance helping me with my cluelessness will be greatly appreciated.

The refreshment package or the soda pkg and will go on sale a few months before your cruise. They are running a special for my feb cruise now at 50% off. Sometimes it buy one get one 1/2 off. You can see what’s incl on RCCL website, just search beverage package. Coffee, reg oj is included. Not sure about iced tea. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello,

My family is taking our very first cruise ever in July on the Liberty. I am feeling a little overwhelmed but these boards are helping me understand the ins and outs of cruising. I noticed that there are drink packages available. For some reason, I thought beverages would be free. I did read many posts here but still can not figure out if basic beverages are free during meal times? We do not drink alcohol at all and I basically just drink coffee in the am and maybe orange juice and other than that, I only drink water. Occassionally, ice tea. I was thinking of just bringing a water bottle and refilling it like I do here at home. My husband and sons all enjoy soda, so I will likely buy a drink package for them. Are there fruit smoothies on board...the boy's favorite. :) Trying to figure out what drink package would be best for them. Any advice/guidance helping me with my cluelessness will be greatly appreciated.

You can get water, tea, coffee, iced tea at all meals. At breakfast you can get breakfast juices. There are "flavored waters" in the Windjammer Buffet on the Liberty. There are sometimes lemonade dispensers in Café Promenade/Sorrento's and the Windjammer. You can get milk with meals and in the Windjammer.

Water is available at any bar as well as the restaurants. Your idea of refilling your water bottle is right on point. Just use a glass to do it, rather than putting your own bottle up to the nozzle.

There is a soda package which it sounds like your family would enjoy.

There is a place called Squeeze on the pool deck, or there used to be, where you can get smoothies. I don't know if they removed it in the latest "renovations", but someone else will.

Drinks included with your cruise fare are:

Tap water (not bottled), juice at breakfast (additional cost for fresh squeezed OJ), hot tea, iced tea, coffee (fee for specialty coffee), white and chocolate milk, flavored water, lemonade or punch, hot chocolate. These drinks are available at food locations such as the buffet or main dining room. Any bar will give you a glass of iced water.

You can fill your own sports bottle. Just make sure you use a glass and don't put the bottle up to the sprocket.

You would need a soda package for soda; or a refreshment package, which covers more than just soda.

In the last 2 weeks on my planner the drinks package has went from 42 to 45 and now 48. I’m about 3 months out, will there likely be an offer before sail date?

Also, with the deluxe package glasses of wine are included but only 40% off the full bottle price? Why would someone buy the bottle when glasses are included? Is it simply the convenience of having full bottle to yourself at your dinner table, etc.?

Tap water (not bottled), juice at breakfast (additional cost for fresh squeezed OJ), hot tea, iced tea, coffee (fee for specialty coffee), white and chocolate milk, flavored water, lemonade or punch, hot chocolate. These drinks are available at food locations such as the buffet or main dining room. Any bar will give you a glass of iced water.

You can fill your own sports bottle. Just make sure you use a glass and don't put the bottle up to the sprocket.

You would need a soda package for soda; or a refreshment package, which covers more than just soda.

:) Two thumbs up . If you want a drink yoy can buy one drink

In the last 2 weeks on my planner the drinks package has went from 42 to 45 and now 48. I’m about 3 months out, will there likely be an offer before sail date?

Also, with the deluxe package glasses of wine are included but only 40% off the full bottle price? Why would someone buy the bottle when glasses are included? Is it simply the convenience of having full bottle to yourself at your dinner table, etc.?

The choice of wine by the glass that is included in the package is very limited. The 40% includes all bottles up to a certain price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In the last 2 weeks on my planner the drinks package has went from 42 to 45 and now 48. I’m about 3 months out, will there likely be an offer before sail date? ...

Promos are constantly going on and off, it's unpredictable. However, if you purchase and later see a lower price, you can cancel and re-order.

Ice water is available everywhere, anytime. Coffee, Tea (iced or hot), milk and juice at breakfast is avail. in all eating venues. Lemonade is avail. in the WJ.

You can buy any drink (booze or soda) at any time even if you don't have a "package". If you are on a longer cruise, you can wait until there are 4 days left in the cruise to decide if you'd like a package...and it's pro-rated by the number of days remaining.

You can buy any drink (booze or soda) at any time even if you don't have a "package". If you are on a longer cruise, you can wait until there are 4 days left in the cruise to decide if you'd like a package...and it's pro-rated by the number of days remaining.

Also, many cruises will offer a drink card for about $80 that have coupons good for 10 drinks up to $12/$13. It's not offered on every cruise, but if it is offered, it usually shows up halfway through the cruise (so day 4 of a 7-day cruise).

Obviously, everything other than the "included" beverages is available if you want to pay for it, so ordering one or two along the way is always an option.

The soda package is for fountain soda and soda from the Coke Freestyle machine with the cup provided. Cans of soda are not included.

Upgrading to the refreshment package adds specialty coffees and teas, frozen drinks (non-alcoholic), fresh squeezed orange juice to the choices. Frozen NA drinks are about $4-$4.50 each, so if your son wants 1 or 2 a day, added to the price of the soda package, it makes sense to upgrade. Fresh squeezed OJ runs between $4 and $6 (we saw prices change while onboard an 8 day cruise).

Thank you! Looks like I'll probably be fine not getting a drink package, but will get one for everyone else. :)

good to know, thanks

Ice water is available everywhere, anytime. Coffee, Tea (iced or hot), milk and juice at breakfast is avail. in all eating venues. Lemonade is avail. in the WJ.

thank you

Also, many cruises will offer a drink card for about $80 that have coupons good for 10 drinks up to $12/$13. It's not offered on every cruise, but if it is offered, it usually shows up halfway through the cruise (so day 4 of a 7-day cruise).

thanks, that's what I'm debating. I'm wondering if my son's would like the Frozen NA drinks. :)

Obviously, everything other than the "included" beverages is available if you want to pay for it, so ordering one or two along the way is always an option.

The soda package is for fountain soda and soda from the Coke Freestyle machine with the cup provided. Cans of soda are not included.

Upgrading to the refreshment package adds specialty coffees and teas, frozen drinks (non-alcoholic), fresh squeezed orange juice to the choices. Frozen NA drinks are about $4-$4.50 each, so if your son wants 1 or 2 a day, added to the price of the soda package, it makes sense to upgrade. Fresh squeezed OJ runs between $4 and $6 (we saw prices change while onboard an 8 day cruise).