RFS vs. CL

flannbarr

My wife and 16 year old son are sailing on the Harmony OTS 3/31/18. We have bounced around cabins several times, always upgrading.

We started in a Grand Suite. Then I changed to an Owner's Suite. Then I changed to a 2 bedroom Royal Family Suite (deck 10) which was cheaper than the OS but I changed after final payment so no reduction in price. That's the rules so that's fine.

Now several Crown Loft Suites (L1's) with good side locations have opened up which would not cost me any more money because the price decreased maybe because there are 5 or 6 open CL's. The large balcony on the RFS is really nice and quite a bit bigger than the CL balcony.

My wife thinks we are in a balcony cabin. The fact that we are in a suite if any kind is a surprise to her (don't tell her if you see her--haha).

The RFS has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms which is appealing but the CL has that WOW factor. It still has 2 bathrooms but just the one bedroom upstairs along with my son who will sleep on the pull out sofa bed in the living room.

Please share your comments with me. Thanks so much in advance.

I would rather have the privacy that the RFS gives than the "wow" factor....unless it was just the two of you. The upper bedroom in the loft is just that...a loft...it's open and not exactly private.

We have found that the size of the balcony, unless you have MANY folks you'll be entertaining, isn't an issue. You sit and read, or stand at the railing and ocean-gaze....don't need too much space for those things!

I have been in both. The RFS with my 3 kids and the L1 with my son and his friend.

Hands down the L1. Privacy wasn;t an issue as there was a curtain separating the bedroom and downstairs.

Being on 17 is so convenient and quiet. It makes it easy to pop in for a coffee, snack or beverage. The SL is right there and more importantly for your son is the Windjammer,is 1 floor below if your son is like my son and his friend. I would pick the L1.

Staying with RFS. It’s considered a higher category than CL and I understand why. It may not have the WOW factor like the CL but it has 2 bedrooms for privacy which not many cabins on the ship can equal. Thats a WOW. Looking forward to eating breakfast on the huge balcony at the table.

Enough of me looking already. The cruise can’t come soon enough.

Looking forward to surprising DW and DS with the RFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums