One elite traveling with three non-elite family members--questions about benefits

anteaters

Hi! Since my husband passed away six months ago (also an elite), this will be my first cruise without him and traveling with my daughter and two teen granddaughters instead (I booked two side-by-side balconies.) Since I'm the only elite and this is the other three's first time on Princess, are there still any elite advantages that will work besides getting one mini-bar set up in my cabin? Can I share my one bag of laundry per day with them? I don't imagine that we would all be given the early tender privilege? I really can't remember what other "fun" things that we enjoyed with elite status but I know we appreciated them. Thanks!

The only person that can benefit as a tag-along from any of your Elite benefits is the person who name appears on the manifest as the person sharing your cabin. The others cannot. The names of the passengers in that cabin on the manifest are the deciding factor!

The person who shares my cabin (not Elite yet) understands that I get those perks because I earned them, having spent many thousands of $$s and many days cruising with Princess, and she will have them too once she earns them for herself, and she's okay with that. She does get to tag along with me as my guest to MTPs luncheons and/or cocktail parties, and enjoy the Suite. Elite. and Platinum cocktail hour with me.

I do not share my free laundry benefit with her. JMO, as I only expect Princess to provide that service to the actual Elite passenger. If I was to use priority tendering, she could accompany me because we share a cabin.

I think the four of you should be able to check in together in the Preferred line since the two girls are teens. As for the laundry, I'm sure it's done. I think Princess should make passengers wear and post a photo of themselves in any item of laundry that doesn't look like it belongs to them.

I think the four of you should be able to check in together in the Preferred line since the two girls are teens. As for the laundry, I'm sure it's done. I think Princess should make passengers wear and post a photo of themselves in any item of laundry that doesn't look like it belongs to them.

LOL

That could be interesting.:D

anteaters, I am sorry for your loss, I too lost my husband near the end of our TA this past Sept. I planned a cruise with our daughter for next year. Take care

Gay

Thank you Gay (and others) for your replies. This coming cruise is very bittersweet for me at this point. Just a year ago in January my husband and I were enjoying a 14 day S. American Princess cruise, him with some stomach issues, but us having no idea that he would be found to be in stage 4 pancreatic cancer within a few weeks. We were lucky to get that last cruise together which like all our cruises, we loved, and I'm amazed that he had the energy to do some of our long excursions if not his usual appetite for food. I just want this first cruise to be as good as it can be for my family and that's why I asked my question.

Edited by anteaters
misspelling

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. In regards to your question, you should be able to all benefit from priority boarding including the separate lounge area. This will probably be a nice perk for your family members, especially the girls. We were told as we embarked that one Elite plus 3 others joining was what was allowed, however since my parents were older and celebrating a milestone anniversary, they were allowed to join us totaling 5 people. You will get an extra 10% off in shops so its up to you if you want to purchase with your card. There is the lounge from 5-7 pm where you could enjoy special appetizers and drinks (discounted). They can accompany you. You will also be invited to a Captain's cocktail event, you bring the invitation but I don't think they will not deny your family members from joining you ( I even brought my inlaws in the past after I asked). You can trade some of your mini bar items to suit your preferences or that of your family members. If they are sharing a cabin with you just include their items in your laundry bag and have their formal items pressed in any case. There are no laundry inspectors so I would not worry about a little sharing of your well earned perks. I hope this cruise leaves you and your family members with warm and wonderful memories.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. In regards to your question, you should be able to all benefit from priority boarding including the separate lounge area. This will probably be a nice perk for your family members, especially the girls. We were told as we embarked that one Elite plus 3 others joining was what was allowed, however since my parents were older and celebrating a milestone anniversary, they were allowed to join us totaling 5 people. You will get an extra 10% off in shops so its up to you if you want to purchase with your card. There is the lounge from 5-7 pm where you could enjoy special appetizers and drinks (discounted). They can accompany you. You will also be invited to a Captain's cocktail event, you bring the invitation but I don't think they will not deny your family members from joining you ( I even brought my inlaws in the past after I asked). You can trade some of your mini bar items to suit your preferences or that of your family members. If they are sharing a cabin with you just include their items in your laundry bag and have their formal items pressed in any case. There are no laundry inspectors so I would not worry about a little sharing of your well earned perks. I hope this cruise leaves you and your family members with warm and wonderful memories.

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed reply!