Adding passenger / room

DeeDee316

Good morning CC. Going on my 2nd cruise in August.. I' a total type A planner, so I've been asking a lot of questions and getting some great answers here.. so thank you so much for that!!!

I'm going in August on a 7 night with my husband and 2 young children. I called an added my 11 yo niece on while they still were running the kids sail free promo. So she has her own confirmation number, but is linked to our acct.

I'm trying to also convince my sister to come on the cruise as well.. maybe get a cheap interior cabin (she is in nursing school, so doesn' have a ton to spend)... but it' been a rough year and she is due for a nice vacation.. ok sorry I ramble.

Is it possible for her book a room, but switch my niece to her acct? If not, does she need to pay 2 person fee for a cabin no matter what? I feel like I read that somewhere. I was thinking of I could link my niece to her, then maybe that wouldn't matter? Any ideas? I hope that explanation makes sense. Thanks for any input. I' going to also try and call RC.. but last time I called to add my niece, they didn't seem to understand. Thanks again for any advice. :)

You are well before final payment, so you should be able to switch your niece to the inside stateroom. However, her price will be based on the price for the inside stateroom, not her previous price as part of your stateroom.

I might not have understood you correctly, but I think what you are saying is, that your niece has been booked under the kids sail free promo in your cabin and now you are thinking about your sister booking her own cabin and move your niece in the cabin.

You can probably do that, but your niece will pay the going rate for the second person in your sisters cabin. The kids sail free promo would no longer apply for her.

That's right...the "free" kids have to be the 3rd and/or 4th in the cabin. So, your sister and niece would have their own cabin, and pay the normal rate for whatever category they get.

If you leave the niece in the cabin with you (and I'm not sure how you got 5 in one cabin!!!) your sister will still pay the DOUBLE occupancy rate, which is the per person cost X's 2!

That's right...the "free" kids have to be the 3rd and/or 4th in the cabin. So, your sister and niece would have their own cabin, and pay the normal rate for whatever category they get.

If you leave the niece in the cabin with you (and I'm not sure how you got 5 in one cabin!!!) your sister will still pay the DOUBLE occupancy rate, which is the per person cost X's 2!

Thanks. my youngest will be in pack and play.

Well,it does count when determining lifeboat occupancy.

That's not what I meant and sorry you misunderstood...I was referring to cabin occupancy when booking certain category cabins and their maximum occupancy....and the questioning of how a 5th passenger might have been added.

Edited by Ashland